Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Student Debt in the Headlines

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Asked wife to leave but she wont go?

Discuss everything relating to mortgages

Postby cullo66 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:02 pm

I want a divorce from my wife
so I asked her to leave but she wont go.

she only have one sister that she could move in with
but she lives in a not so good part of town
she lives in the projects

why should I leave
I pay mortgage
I pay all of the bills,
I bought all of the pots and pans,
furniture,curtain's painted the whole place,

my daughter is 21
so I have raised and done my part

now I want out of this relationship
but she wont leave
cullo66

Postby arnatt16 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:03 pm

Personally i think people should ONLY divorce if one has committed adultery or due to domestic violence otherwise i think people should try to amend and work it out, I want to say that adulterer has committed adultery when they lust and desire in their hearts to be with another woman(even if they have not had sex with her..according to my religion)...so if you feel you are getting to that point, then you should divorce her for her sake..Or if she has done the same towards you she should divorce you.

Now as far as your quesiton
I think the best thing is to let her stay until she has a place to live(as a decent person that is what i'd do) if she refuses to look for another place then you may need to get a lawyer or some legal advice on the matter
arnatt16

Postby obed » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:04 pm

i think she won't leave because she either still loves you or that she has no where to go...
when you guys get married, didn't you promised to stay by her side forever??
I may not know the reason why you guys are arguing but maybe just talk to her and calm everything down!!
you said your daughter is 21, so I'm guessing you guys are not so young, why even bother to have such an argument? you guys have been together for at least 21 years!!!
if it's that bad, then tell her!! just tell her that you've paid all the bills and it's your property, you can call the police if you want, but remember you have to also think about how your daughter would feel about this whole thing!!
obed

Postby arvin » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:11 pm

i think she won't leave because she either still loves you or that she has no where to go...
when you guys get married, didn't you promised to stay by her side forever??
I may not know the reason why you guys are arguing but maybe just talk to her and calm everything down!!
you said your daughter is 21, so I'm guessing you guys are not so young, why even bother to have such an argument? you guys have been together for at least 21 years!!!
if it's that bad, then tell her!! just tell her that you've paid all the bills and it's your property, you can call the police if you want, but remember you have to also think about how your daughter would feel about this whole thing!!
You bought all the pots and pans...she gave birth! You're married - both of you have the right to stay.

You think that she has no right to stay after she had your child, took part in raising her, contributed to the household and your relationship? Just because you may have contributed more financially, doesn't mean that she's less entitled than you.

Remember that you may want out of the relationship but she will always be the mother of your child. Try to be civil (and adult) about this and work something out with her.
arvin

Postby kasey » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:16 pm

I highly doubt a judge will make her leaave. You're married, everything you own is half hers! IF you are the one that earns the income and your wife depended on that as she was the stay at home parent, you are going to give her half of everything including retirement, 401k's, etc. As well as pay her alimony. I am actually feeling silly typing this, as it is hard to imagine any man is this stupid. Lots of jerks out there but you take the biggest slice of stupid pie.
kasey

Postby ann » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:27 pm

You dont have the right to tell her to just leave. She lives there also. You have to go about this the right way. File for divorce. Why would you want her to just leave with no where to go, but the projects. That's horrible.
ann

Postby fayne » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:31 pm

Marriage is for life, work it out to your best before you end it, go do things you used to when you where young with each other.
fayne

Postby neued » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:36 pm

If you force your wife out of this marriage, you won't have the house any more, I promise you.

She has done nothing wrong, according to you.
neued

Postby ned » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:43 pm

She doesn't have to leave.......it's her house too! Since you're the one who wants out so bad, why don't you pack up and leave!
ned

Postby denten » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:59 pm

She doesn't have to leave.......it's her house too! Since you're the one who wants out so bad, why don't you pack up and leave!
You're the one that wants out - YOU leave.
denten

Next

Return to Mortgages