Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: John Oliver Talks About Student Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

At what time does irs make direct deposit tax refunds?

Taxes! We hate paying them, so let's discuss maximizing tax deductions!

Postby burney » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:02 am

my refund is scheduled to be deposited on feb 1, 2012 i just wanted to know if you guy know at what time this could be.
burney

Postby calldwr » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:05 am

Banks make direct deposits once a day. Midnight.
calldwr

Postby efran » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:12 am

Any time of day. There's no set time.
efran

Postby custenhin » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 am

The date the IRS gives can vary from your bank. My original date of refund was to be by Jan. 31st (normally the Friday prior is the date it would be in my account) this then changed to they couldn't find my info and then yesterday the Where's My Refund link gave me a set date for Feb. 1st. I stopped by my bank this afternoon and it's not in their "warehouse" file yet and I was told if it wasn't in my account by 10 AM it wouldn't be tomorrow, it depended how busy my bank is basically. So it can depend not just on the IRS but your bank as week.
custenhin

Postby gorry70 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:35 am

I have that dd also. They told me at midnight or between midnight and 5 a.m.
gorry70

Postby horton » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:37 am

I work at a bank. We process direct deposits between midnight and 6am. I am also due to get mine feb 1 and expect to show it in my acct anytime overnight tonight. No matter what time the irs sent it to ur bank today. It wont get processed by ur bank until over night. Good luck!
horton

Postby mathias » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:42 am

Last year my deposit wasn't there by 2am and I was worried, but it was there around 7am. I am scheduled to receive it today, and it isn't there yet but I won't worry until the morning.
mathias

Postby jerrold » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:47 am

I'm also waiting for a dd today Feb 1 but still don't shown my account, you should I wait in the morning?
jerrold

Postby dabbah95 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:54 am

I am also suppose to receive my dd today Feb 1st. It is still not there, normally my bank post all new deposits or withdraws at midnight, I just read on an ABC news website that the irs is experiencing delays for all people who filed before Jan 26th and our refunds could be delayed up to a week. The website and irs refund hotline are now telling me that they have no information on my return. I was counting on that refund, I have bills that have to be paid this week......... UGH, I have never had this trouble before, It is stressing me out. I know I shouldn't depend on that money but, I have no other choice. Also, when did the IRS start making deposits on Wednesdays? Wasn't it always Fridays?
dabbah95

Postby bramwell8 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:02 am

THE WHERESMYREFUND SITE IS NOW SAYING IT WONT BE DEPOSITED UNTIL FEB 3. NOW I HAVE A BUNHC OF BOUNCED CHECKS.
bramwell8

Next

Return to Taxes