Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: The Worst Kinds of Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Can I still get EBT *food stamps* if i do internet sales? TAXES**?

Taxes! We hate paying them, so let's discuss maximizing tax deductions!

Postby ellmer11 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:09 pm

This is for the state of north carolina, Ive had ebt for the past 6 months and it just ended in feb. when i first signed up, i was unemployed and got 200 every month. i started in this online company as an independent contractor at the end of dec. they pay weekly but i dont always get it depending if i make sales or not. This is my first year filing taxes myself and they are and overseas company that didnt send out 1099s before. But according to new policy, they are required to send out 1099 for all us based contractors now. I wasnt planning to not report my income taxes like ive heard some people do since it didnt send out 1099s before but im worried if this wil effect my EBT status since i do want to re enroll into the program. Will i still be eligible or will they look at my taxes and realize i could make more in my independent contracting and deny me?
ellmer11

Postby langley » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:13 pm

This is for the state of north carolina, Ive had ebt for the past 6 months and it just ended in feb. when i first signed up, i was unemployed and got 200 every month. i started in this online company as an independent contractor at the end of dec. they pay weekly but i dont always get it depending if i make sales or not. This is my first year filing taxes myself and they are and overseas company that didnt send out 1099s before. But according to new policy, they are required to send out 1099 for all us based contractors now. I wasnt planning to not report my income taxes like ive heard some people do since it didnt send out 1099s before but im worried if this wil effect my EBT status since i do want to re enroll into the program. Will i still be eligible or will they look at my taxes and realize i could make more in my independent contracting and deny me?
EBT is based on how much you "do" make. Not how much you "could make"
If you are making over the limit, you won't get the benefit and if you make the eligible amount you should continue to receive the benefit.
langley

Return to Taxes