Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Can you bring in your own lunch at Walt Disney World?

Share tips for saving money and making the most of your income

Postby cash16 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:52 pm

If my mother and sister and I were to bring in 3 Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches, three juice boxes, and maybe a package of goldfish into the parks, would they except that? We would probably store the food in a backpack (that is quite small), We are trying to save money for this trip that we are taking in May.
cash16

Postby diandre » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Yes, you are allowed to do that. We always bring all of our food into the parks. I buy the gladware/ziploc containers so our food doesn't end up all squished in the bag. Do bring yourself a sweet treat like a candy bar you wouldn't normally buy. It helps you feel like you still indulged a bit even through you didn't buy a Disney treat for lunch.

Rolling coolers are not supposed to be allowed but I saw a retired type couple pulling one and parking it in stroller parking to go into a show so I guess it isn't always enforced. Theres was a smaller cube softsided one.
diandre

Postby macklyn » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:06 pm

yes you ARE allowed to bring in food.

prepared sandwiches are permitted (bringing a jar of peanut butter, a jar of jelly, a loaf of bread, and a knife would not be permitted as its not pre prepared)

you may also bring snacks such as goldfish, granola bars, cookies, potato chips...

and you can also bring drinks such as juice boxes, bottled water, or soda.

you can bring it in a backpack or a small soft sided cooler.

you will have to go through the bag check and they will look in your bag but there is no need to be worried about letting them see that you have food and drinks since it is allowed.

the only exceptions are that you cannot bring in glass unless is baby related such as a glass baby bottle or jar of baby food and you cannot bring alcohol into the parks.
macklyn

Postby mathews24 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:11 pm

Yes, Disney doesn't want to argue with people bringing in food because of all the allergies and so forth. There is a small note saying so in their special diet FAQ.

In practice this means you can carry in small meals that don't require reheating with no questions asked. I take in snacks every time I go and have never had a problem, nor have I ever heard of anyone else being asked to ditch food at the gate. Just use common sense (like you already have, don't haul around tuna fish sandwiches in a hot backpack) or bring big bags of KFC and glass bottles of beer and you'll have no problem.
mathews24

Postby selwin95 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:20 pm

no glass, no alcohol, no knives, no rolling coolers. any other food is fine. i have an annual pass, so we go all the time and we almost always bring food-sandwiches, cans of soda, chips. i suggest you bring a refillable water bottle as well, you need to keep hydrated and bringing your own water will save you big bucks
selwin95

Postby beaton » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Yes. We do it all the time. There is a bag check, but that is to make sure that nobody is bringing in anything dangerous. You cannot bring in big coolers, coolers that you pull, glass bottles, or booze. Other than that you are fine. A backpack with a couple sandwiches and juice boxes is fine.
beaton

Postby etienne » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Yes, that's not a problem. We bring in snacks and drinks all the time. You can bring it in a backpack or in a soft-sided cooler.
etienne

Postby jarin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Yeah, a backpack with food would be fine.
jarin

Postby nico » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Yes
nico

Postby urki » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:55 pm

no.

accept, not except.
urki

Next

Return to Money Saving Tips