Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: John Oliver Talks About Student Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Credit Repair Lexington Law Vs. MyCreditGroup.Com?

Talk about credit repair - what it is and how to do it.

Postby newyddilyn17 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:40 pm

I was going to enroll with Lexington and then I foud this site www.creditrepairreviews.net. Anyone heard of eithr of these companies or have used either. My Credit Group has a better BBB record but im still not sure who to choose.
newyddilyn17

Postby mil » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:46 pm

The creditrepairreviews.net site is likely operated by MyCreditGroup so take any advice on that site with a grain of salt (see link below). Both companies are reputable so you are probably better served calling them up and seeing how well their individual services work for you.

Also, when looking at BBB records, keep in mind the number of people each company has serviced. Lexington may have almost 300 complaints (all resolved), but since they have probably serviced at least 300 times as many people as MyCreditGroup, it is a wash.
mil

Postby shing57 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:49 pm

"Simply put, anyone trying to sell you on the idea of giving them money to help you repair your credit is trying to extract money from you to do something you can easily do yourself."
shing57

Postby aeneas16 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:52 pm

If the goal is to somehow gain sanction through an appeal or otherwise renegotiation, it might be wise to propose to ones creditors through a self directed mode. If it is possible to delegate the responsibility to others and ultimately gain nothing then it might be a better strategy to just initiate these responses solely.
aeneas16

Return to Credit Repair