Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: John Oliver Talks About Student Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Credit Score L2C 645?

Is your credit score looking bad? Tips on how to improve it.

Credit Score L2C 645?

Postby niyol » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:02 am

I received a letter from discover showing my credit history I'm only 18 so I know I don't have great credit, this is what it told me "Your Credit Score: L2C 645"
Does that mean that my credit score is 645?
niyol

Credit Score L2C 645?

Postby giynn91 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:09 am

I received a letter from discover showing my credit history I'm only 18 so I know I don't have great credit, this is what it told me "Your Credit Score: L2C 645"
Does that mean that my credit score is 645?
Consider it fantastic if you are just starting out.
Just the fact that you got a credit card, with todays new regulations is impressive.
Now, use it responsibly.
Do not dare carrry balances.
Charge something small like gas or food each month and pay in full when the bill comes in the mail. Not the minimum, not more than the minimum, but in full.
This will build amazing credit with time that will be respected by any future creditor.
Carry balances, and you will pay interest and posibly destroy your credit.

About the score: Don't consider it accurate.
Each agency uses it's own scoring formula, and to top it off they use different tier ranges. Never worry about the score. Worry about the secrets to good credit. Pay that card in full each month.
giynn91

Credit Score L2C 645?

Postby selwin95 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:17 am

I have no idea what that means. Discover doesn't usually provide scores. Is this some extra service the credit card is providing? If so, it's like not a real FICO score but some Fakko score and worthless.

If you are only 18, you can't have much credit history and I finid it very unlikely that you would be close to a 645 FICO score. FICO has a scale of 300 to 850. Anything less than 300 defaults to 0. If you don't have a history of loans or credit cards, your FICO score will be 0.
selwin95

Credit Score L2C 645?

Postby alo21 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:21 am

Yes and at 18 it should be 500 since you Don't have any credit cards or bank loans.
Suggest you check your credit history for free at http://annualcreditreport.com
See who or when accounts were opened using your SSN
alo21

Return to Credit Reports and Credit Scores