Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Simple Tips for Managing Your First Credit Card

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Has anyone had any credit repair experience with Lexington Law or Ovation Law,?

Talk about credit repair - what it is and how to do it.

Postby katlynne » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:02 pm

if so, what was your experience good or bad and why?
katlynne

Postby cash16 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:03 pm

if so, what was your experience good or bad and why?
?redit repair work?d fine to fix my credit. They disputed and removed lots of bad items from my credit report. I used this service - credit-report-free.totalh.com
cash16

Postby newyddilyn17 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:07 pm

Avoid the temptation to pay a "credit repair" firm, as they cannot remove accurate negative info. If you’ve had recent defaults, charge-offs, late pays, then you need to understand these items have to age of your credit report naturally. After 7 years from the date of default you'll get a clean slate. "Credit repair" firms have no special power to magically delete negative items....all they do is dispute all negative items on your credit report and hope that the credit bureaus cannot validate the debt within the 30 day allowable time frame, in which case they must remove the items. You don't have to pay anyone to do this as you can do it yourself for free.

Per the Fair Credit Reporting Act you have the right to request written validation of negative entries on your credit files. Per this law they must validate the item(s) within 30 days or remove them from your credit file. Mail a letter via certified mail with return receipt to all three credit bureaus (Equifax, TransUnion & Experian). Include a photocopy of your driver's license and social security card...If you don't include these, they may write back requesting them, which would slow the process down by several weeks. For each negative item, write a separate letter and simply include the phrase:

Per the Fair Credit Reporting Act, I am requesting written validation of this item.

Do this one at a time for each negative entry....DO NOT request validation for all items at one time.

There is NO guarantee that this will work....It may give some decent results. The worst that can happen is that all negative items come back verified.
newyddilyn17

Postby mil » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:16 pm

They can not do anything that you can do yourself for less money. Both firms dispute at the credit bureaus. While it can be effective, you can do yourself for $20 and under. I have found that most issues get resolved when working with the creditors themselves not working with the credit bureaus.

We do offer a free online tutorial (no sign up needed) and all the forms to do this yourself.
http://www.henleycreditlaw.com/diy-credit-repair/
mil

Return to Credit Repair