so the IT-2104-E says,
To claim exemption from withholding for New York State personal income tax (and New York City and Yonkers personal income tax, if applicable), you must meet the conditions in either Group A or Group B:
• you must be under age 18, or over age 65, or a full?time student under age 25; and
• you did not have a New York income tax liability for 2010; and
• you do not expect to have a New York income tax liability for 2011 (for this purpose, you have a tax liability if your return shows tax before the allowance of any credit for income tax withheld).
If you do not meet all of the conditions in either Group A or Group B (irrelevant to me) above, stop; you cannot claim exemption from withholding
- So I am a full time student under age 25 (i'm a dependent)
- I didn't have tax liability in 2010 because I didn't even have a job
- I don't know if I'm going to have a tax liability for 2011. I am a dependent and will earn under a $1000 working total-- so i don't think I am supposed to file a tax return for this.
I'm not sure if i am supposed to fill out this form or not. Please offer your advice! Thanks in advance!