I have 9 questions! Last class of the day and I don't get it!
1. Where did South Carolina loyalists NOT go when they left Charles Town?
c. New York
d. Nova Scotia
2. Which practice was NOT approved by the South Carolina Assembly to help citizens manage the debt they incurred as a result of the American Revolution?
a. The state issued paper money to provide loans.
b. The state gave people additional time to pay off their debts.
c. The state increased the foreign slave trade to boost the economy.
d. The state allowed debtors to pay creditors with land instead of cash.
3. What resolution eased the tensions between the Up Country and the Low Country?
a. The legislature agreed to build a new capitol in the middle of the state.
b. The Up Country was given equal representation in the state legislature.
c. The Low Country agreed to support needed internal improvements in the Up Country.
d The loyalists in the Up Country were pardoned for their role in the American Revolution and had their land returned.
4. When South Carolina’s capital was moved from Charles Town, what name was given to the new seat of state government?
d. Rock Hill
5. In its first government after the American Revolution, why did the United States establish a weak national government?
a. The states were jealous of one another.
b. The delegates could not agree upon a plan of government.
c. The states had experienced problems under a strong monarchy.
d. The delegates had more allegiance to their states than to a new nation.
6. What idea for the federal government was supported by the South Carolina delegates at the Philadelphia Convention?
a. a weak president
b. legislative power to tax
c. legislative power to raise an army
d. a presidential term of office of four years
7. What reason was given by the Federalists to support the Constitution?
a. The United States needed a strong government to establish economic stability.
b. The United States needed a strong government to maintain control over all its states.
c. The United States needed a strong government to define state boundaries.
d. The United States needed a strong government in order pass laws to bring law and order to the country.
8. After the ratification of the U.S. Constitution, why did South Carolinians in the Up Country want a new state constitution for South Carolina?
a. to locate the state capital in their section of the state
b. to change some of the provisions of the United States Constitution
c. to gain equal representation in the South Carolina General Assembly
d. to make a state constitution that was better than the national constitution
9. What was the motive behind the Three-Fifths Compromise, which counted slaves as only three-fifths of a person for official population counts?
a. Northern states wanted to prevent southern states from having control of the U.S. Senate.
b. Northern states wanted slaves to be counted in the population so they could gain the rights of citizens.
c. Northern states wanted to prevent southern states from having control of the House of Representatives.
d. Southern states did not want to count slaves as citizens because they considered slaves as property, not citizens.
Please help me! thank you so much xo!!