Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: The Worst Kinds of Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

How can I get cash back from a Credit card without my pin number?

Credit Card Debt discussions & tips

Postby clach » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:02 pm

I am supposed to be heading out tonight but I am in a bit of a fix here because my friends being the people they are never told me the place we are headed to was cash only. So I have my credit card but have never used my pin number to get cash back. Usually I take money out of my checking account but I am at close to 0 now because I just paid my bills.

The only money I have for the moment is on my credit card which I have no pin number for. So how does one get cash back? I could do a cash advance but all the banks close early on Saturdays and not one is open at this hour. I just found out minutes ago the place we are going to takes only cash and I am out of that. Is there anything I can do here?
clach

Postby torey » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:03 pm

You are out of luck. You NEED the PIN number to do a cash advance, and really, it is foolish to do a cash advance so you can go out and party with your friends for a night. Cash advances have a close to 30% interest rate that has no grace period, so you start paying interest the minute you take the money from the ATM. There is also a transaction fee of about 5 to 6% on the amount you borrow from your card.

If you have nearly zero in your checking account, you cannot afford to be going out on the town. Sounds like you don't even have a savings that you could pull a few dollars from, which says you cannot afford this night out.

Also, calling the credit card company will not get you a PIN either. They will only snail mail one to you because they cannot validate who you are on the phone. So, as far as getting money out of your card today, won't happen. You would need to wait a week or so for them to mail you a new PIN.

Have your friends front you the money to tag along with them tonight and pay them back when you get paid. Let's see how good of friends they are and who will pitch in to bring you along.

Again, you cannot afford to go out if you have no money in your checking or a savings account.
torey

Postby tarrant37 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Calll the 1-800 number on the card and see if someone can help you that way..They usually send you a pin number though so i doubt that they would give you one over the phone.
tarrant37

Postby brannt65 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Sorry.
brannt65

Postby scannalan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:16 pm

Use your Credit Card at the Grocery Store to purchase something small. Then, when it asks if you want cash back, say YES and specify the amount.

Other ideas:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5999691_cash-credit-card-account.html

PS: I almost never have cash on me. If cash is in my wallet, it'll still be there 2 to 6 months after it got in there. When I'm in your shoes, and find nobody informed me it's cash only, I tell my friends and they can front me the money. I can then pay them back as soon as the next business day.
scannalan

Return to Credit Card Debt