Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: John Oliver Talks About Student Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

How does a stranger change your pin number when you lose your debit card?

Credit Card Debt discussions & tips

Postby burgh77 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:34 pm

My boyfriend lost his debit card on Friday and realized on Saturday someone was depositing and withdrawing money out of his account online he called the bank to check his balance and type his account number and pin and it said invalid pin obviously the person changed his pin but how? I thought you had to go into the bank and talk to a banker to get it changed and this was a credit union so it was closed and so was customer service on Saturday his pin number was not written on the back of his card or anything and he never uses the atm to withdraw money he always goes into the bank and the bank can't give him answers because they said they haven't heard or seen anything like it before can somebody give me a explanation
burgh77

Postby cash16 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:34 pm

My boyfriend lost his debit card on Friday and realized on Saturday someone was depositing and withdrawing money out of his account online he called the bank to check his balance and type his account number and pin and it said invalid pin obviously the person changed his pin but how? I thought you had to go into the bank and talk to a banker to get it changed and this was a credit union so it was closed and so was customer service on Saturday his pin number was not written on the back of his card or anything and he never uses the atm to withdraw money he always goes into the bank and the bank can't give him answers because they said they haven't heard or seen anything like it before can somebody give me a explanation
Sometimes you can call the 800 number on the back of the card. If someone knows all the personal information about you, they could possibly convince the bank that they are you.

Take a look at the people you know and find out how much they actually know about BF. Who would know that stuff?
cash16

Return to Credit Card Debt