Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: John Oliver Talks About Student Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

How to have prepaid debit card?

Credit Card Debt discussions & tips

Postby dridan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:52 am

Ok I don't work so dont have any type of card with me or a bank account. I need to purchase a book from a store which is slightly expensive. I need to buy it online though that is the only draw back because it is not available in any store. My question is how do I purchase a card to just pay for only that book alone. and then when that amount is paid maybe fill in the card and pay for another book online so on... any idea? is option even available. (My local library doesn't carry that book and I need to purchase it from another country)
dridan

Postby hewlett » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:00 am

Ok I don't work so dont have any type of card with me or a bank account. I need to purchase a book from a store which is slightly expensive. I need to buy it online though that is the only draw back because it is not available in any store. My question is how do I purchase a card to just pay for only that book alone. and then when that amount is paid maybe fill in the card and pay for another book online so on... any idea? is option even available. (My local library doesn't carry that book and I need to purchase it from another country)
You may need to ask someone else to order it for you (and just give them the cash). Most online retailers won't accept prepaid cards.

It would be a good idea for you to open a bank account whether you work or not. You obviously have some source of income since you have money that you're thinking about buying a prepaid card with. Better to have that money in the bank.
hewlett

Postby aodhfionn74 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:04 am

You may be able to purchase a pre-paid Visa or Mastercard at your local Wal-mart.

good luck!
aodhfionn74

Postby fayne » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:06 am

99% prepaid and gift no t accepted online every one has a friend give them the money they can order for you
fayne

Return to Credit Card Debt