Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: The Worst Kinds of Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

How to write a letter to hm revenue asking for tax return?

Taxes! We hate paying them, so let's discuss maximizing tax deductions!

Postby ardell » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:52 pm

So how do you write a letter for tax return in instalments every month from my salary, and also requesting HM revenue to not charge interest on my Tax credit because of my financial circumstances!

Any help on this please…

my first language is not English, so that's why I want some help with the letter ,
basically I just wont to say in the letter for tax return in instalments every month from my salary, and also requesting HM revenue to not charge interest on my Tax credit because of my financial circumstances!

Thanks.
Craig.
ardell

Postby ruprecht » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:57 pm

You ask them to send you a tax declaration form, which you fill in. You send it back to be processed. If you are entitled to a refund, you will get it - eventually.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/AdvancedSearch/Searchresults/index.htm?fullText=tax+credits
ruprecht

Postby yiska » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Are you saying that you owe a refund to HMRC and want to repay in installments.
Quote your national insurance number. That is the number which is 2 letters,6 numbers and 1 letter.
Ask if you may repay by installments. Explain what circumstances exist which make you believe you should not pay interest.
yiska

Postby bramwell8 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:14 pm

If you owe HMRC income tax you don't need to write a letter. Go to Citizens Advice Beaureu and ask them to call HMRC on your behalf to arrange monthly repayments as you struggle with your English. You can do it over the phone and they'll send you a letter out to confirm your repayments.
bramwell8

Return to Taxes