Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: The Worst Kinds of Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

I am 44 years old. Should I invest in a home or should I rent instead?

Talk about personal loans and managing them to lower your debt

Postby sherman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:52 pm

I want to buy a home some day but don't have the money needed to do so. I have a steady job...$27,000 yr....low monthly bill expenses. I am now 44 years old. Is it too late for me to buy??? I wanted to be able to enjoy home ownership but realize that as I fast approach 45 years old my dream seems to be just that...a dream.Also, I worked only part time for the last 5 yrs as I attended school, so I am just now beginning to work a full time job as I pay of school loans.
sherman

Postby aghamore » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Unless you're planning on dying earlier than usual, it makes sense to buy a home if you can afford to set up a deal. Home prices have plunged, and there are some major investment opportunities in many areas.
aghamore

Postby farnleigh40 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:04 pm

Nah its not too late just make sure you save up money for a deposit and then see the bank to figure out how much in repayments you can afford each week. a steady job is a good basis for this.
farnleigh40

Postby calder » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:06 pm

pay off the school loans first, kick salley mae or whoever to the curb first. you could get a condo like I did. All the advantages of being a home owner but no yard to mow,roof to fix, or house to paint. I have a monthly neighborhood fee to cover outside stuff. You can do whatever you want to the inside of it.
calder

Postby horton » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:16 pm

owning a home is not what its all what it ment to be. lets say you can afford the closing cost the down payment and the utilitiess their are other things that pop up all the time like a broken pipes bad flooring or trees falling on your shed. If you do not have the money or the energy to take care of these problems then a house is not for you.

your age is not the problem since mtg companys know that you are most likly not going to liv aslong as your mtg term. Most people die while their 2nd mtg is still active. So the house is never really yours. What you really are doing is buying a house for your childern.
horton

Postby daith » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:18 pm

It is never too later to buy until you are on your death bed. Only you can decide if the time is right for you or not.

Personally I resisted buying for a long time because I just did not want the responsibility. I finally decided to at 35 now that I have 2 dogs that needed a bigger yard that you just don't usually get in an apartment. This is also the 1st time I have been at the same job for more than 1 yr.

So if you are financially stable & ready for the responsibility I say go for it! ;-)
daith

Postby calldwr » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:23 pm

I dont think its too late =D do you have a amily going with you? spouse kids, or is it just you or just you and spouse? if so I would say get a condo or townhome even a manufactured home, something not too pricey but nice, that way you can afford the payments, and still have left over money for other expenses because yu never know what can happen. School loans can be a pain in the butt, and sometimes your school loan can get bought out by something else and the payments will get adjusted ( maybe even get higher) so dont bite off more than yu can chew just because yu have the money. Start first by seeking out a bank before looking at house or looking into a realtor to make sure you qualify, be sure to save up money fr all the cost as well =) goodluck its exciting lking for houses
calldwr

Postby haji » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Get a good money lending service today that is generally reliable,safe ,filtered by International Loan Agency and also Tested and Trusted that will give out loan for Any purposes. At here,Bad Credit is Approved! Even if you have:Divorce Troubles - Slow Payments - Charge-offs - Judgments - Liens - Tax Liens Bankruptcy - Repossessions; if you are really in need of a loan, just let me know the amount you need as a loan, and contact me via email address ([email protected] ) For the plan of the loan processing and transfer to be spelled out.We issue of loan despite your condition and low credit score as our loan is also equivalent to issuing credit card as well.If you are faced
with stress in the acquisition of a loan that make you .Have sleepless night? Or you have been disappointed by your bank? Did you need a personal loan to secure a home, car and evaluate the finances?Contact name: Mr . JOHN MARSHALL for his service is strictly for workers/those that do day to day work at least 20 hours and students charity.

Note: We offer only Commercial /Small Business Administrative loans(SBA),Personal /Residential and Mortgage loan at 1.3% interest; apply for a Minimum of $1000.00 to a Maximum of $50,000,000.00. Interested applicants should please contact Us via email: [email protected]

Try and see your self, for our wonderful services that does not exceed 2 Working days for loan processing and just only three (3 )hours of loan Transfer via bank/check/western; as the whole process is very easy!

Upon your interested response you would be required to send down the following
information’s:
======================================…
FULL NAME:
RESIDENT ADDRESS:
TEL:
LOAN AMOUNT AND:
DURATION:
CELL/MOBILE PHONE:

======================================
haji

Return to Personal Loans