Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Student Debt in the Headlines

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

I dont want federal income tax take out my paycheck?

Taxes! We hate paying them, so let's discuss maximizing tax deductions!

Postby bornani » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:34 am

Is there anyway I can stop them doing take federal income tax out of my paycheck? I found that there is no law for it require to pay income tax. Is there any way I can tell my job not to let them take tax out of my money?

Ive been learn alot there is no law for income tax.
bornani

Postby marco » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:38 am

"Ive been learn alot there is no law for income tax."

Wrong. On every level.

If you make enough to hit a taxable income level, you will be paying taxes. And EVERY legitimate employer is going to withhold at least a minimum tax.

Good luck, you're going to need it.
marco

Postby ramzey36 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:39 am

Oh there most certainly are laws which makes payment of income tax compulsory and the penalties include fines (in addition to still owing the tax) and jail. However, you can claim so many deductions that there is no tax withheld from your check. You need to work that out with your employer (possibly HR department if you have one). It won't change the fact that you'll still owe taxes at year end, however, the only difference will be you'll have to come up with all the money then instead of having paid toward it throughout the year.
ramzey36

Postby hector59 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:41 am

Yes....there is a law. It is "Title 26 - Internal Revenue Code".

What you have found is a tax protester theory. Tax protesters have been around a very long time. While their theories vary they all do have one thing in common; not one of them has ever been victorious in court and gotten out of paying their taxes.

File your returns and pay your taxes. Tax protesters always end up broke and alone. Sometimes, they end up in prison. Personally, I saw a tax protester in a federal prison while visiting a family member.

Also, going to your employer and demanding that they stop withholding taxes is a good way to get fired for being a pain in the @$$.
hector59

Postby hadyn48 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:48 am

Since it's illegal, we won't tell you how.

If you manage to figure it out, the effect will be temporary. The IRS will send a lock-in letter to your employer and will charge you a $500 fine. You will STILL owe the taxes and could even go to jail over it. Just ask Wesley Snipes.
hadyn48

Postby adiran » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:55 am

The website that told you that there's no law requiring you to pay federal income taxes probably has a section about how we never landed on the moon and the holocaust never existed either. That is downright false. its a myth that won't seem to die.

The fact is that the US constitution gives congress the power to create & change US tax laws and the Supreme court of the United States recognizes those laws as legally binding for all US citizens and residents. There are people in jail right now who believed that myth and tried to fight it.

You can reduce the amount of money taken out of your paychecks for federal taxes by giving your employer a new W-4 form claiming more allowances. This is perfectly legal but if you owe more than $1000 or 10% of your tax liability at the end of the year you will be hit with a penalty AND the IRS will send your employer a letter that requires them to start withholding more tax. If you try to fight your tax bill or the penalty in court on the basis that there's no tax law, the judge will laugh at you and add court fees to the amount you owe Uncle Sam.
adiran

Postby sydney32 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:02 am

you have been misinformed
if you are a minor, a student and do not anticipate owing any income tax you can file a W-4 as exempt
but if you had an income tax liability the previous year and your current tax liability is $1000, you will incur heavy penalties for underpaying
sydney32

Postby macpherson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:03 am

"I don't[sic] want federal income tax taken[sic] out of[sic] my paycheck?"
Join the crowd. However, if you make more than a minimal amount, your employer is required by law to withhold taxes from your paycheck.

"Is there anyway I can stop them from taking federal income tax out of my paycheck?"
No.

"I found that there is no law for it require to pay income tax."
What you have been reading is tax protester nonsense. Go to http://docs.law.gwu.edu/facweb/jsiegel/Personal/taxes/IncomeTax.htm and http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html to see why those tax protester arguments are bogus.

"Is there any way I can tell my job not to let them take tax out of my money?"
No. At least not legally.

Everything that you have "learned" about income tax before you posted this question is obviously wrong.

Here is reality. If you follow the "there is no law" route, you may not get bothered for a couple of years but eventually, the IRS will assess back taxes on you. Then there will be penalties and interest attached. Additionally, if you mention any arguments that the IRS has identified as frivolous, the IRS can assess an additional $5,000 frivolous filing fee for each year. So, here is the real question, do you want to eventually end up paying as much as two or three times as much as you would have or do you want to just pay the taxes you owe now?
http://www.irs.gov/taxpros/article/0,,id=159853,00.html
macpherson

Postby roosevelt » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:09 am

"I don't[sic] want federal income tax taken[sic] out of[sic] my paycheck?"
Join the crowd. However, if you make more than a minimal amount, your employer is required by law to withhold taxes from your paycheck.

"Is there anyway I can stop them from taking federal income tax out of my paycheck?"
No.

"I found that there is no law for it require to pay income tax."
What you have been reading is tax protester nonsense. Go to http://docs.law.gwu.edu/facweb/jsiegel/Personal/taxes/IncomeTax.htm and http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html to see why those tax protester arguments are bogus.

"Is there any way I can tell my job not to let them take tax out of my money?"
No. At least not legally.

Everything that you have "learned" about income tax before you posted this question is obviously wrong.

Here is reality. If you follow the "there is no law" route, you may not get bothered for a couple of years but eventually, the IRS will assess back taxes on you. Then there will be penalties and interest attached. Additionally, if you mention any arguments that the IRS has identified as frivolous, the IRS can assess an additional $5,000 frivolous filing fee for each year. So, here is the real question, do you want to eventually end up paying as much as two or three times as much as you would have or do you want to just pay the taxes you owe now?
http://www.irs.gov/taxpros/article/0,,id=159853,00.html
ask your employer for a w-4 and at the bottom of the page, go exempt. you'll receive your working amount but you'll owe taxes. medicare and soc.sec.
roosevelt

Return to Taxes