Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: John Oliver Talks About Student Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

I got scamed by ( fast cash unsecured loans.co.uk) do not send them nothing!?

Talk about personal loans and managing them to lower your debt

Postby gabrielo23 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Iis there anyone else out there who this happened to? Also what procedure do you go through? I got scamed badly, im so stuip at times, i was thinking i would actually recieve my load for £8000' they give a good talk, i payed in total £550 by ukash and then they had trouble sending me the money, and told me i have to pay another £120 for a solicitor to call round with my cheque of my loan amount along with my returnable £550' im so annoyed. I payed first installment of the loan then tax on the amount transferd of loan, then the portal werent sending and they then said i need to pay 180 to release the money into my account, an a further 220 in the end, still never got anything, i finally blew up when they wanted more for them to bring me a cheque for the loan. This was a valubal lesson an i hope no one else goes through this. I have reported them to Action fruad and will alert watch dog about the.
THE SITE IS .. FASTCASHUNSECUREDLOANS.CO.UK. Fast cash unsecured loans! Do not pay them anything at all, NO genuin company askes for upfront fee's.
Dont do what i did please.
There number is 02081231642.
gabrielo23

Postby garbhan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:53 pm

That is correct. You don't pay money when you're borrowing money. If you need money to do the transfer, then transfer less and take it out of there. The name of the web site should have been a give away that it wasn't on the up and up.
garbhan

Postby ning » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Being asked to send £550 is a good clue that this is a scam.
Getting a loan means the company give you money. You do not give them anything.
ning

Postby finnobarr » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Really hope that you learned from this experience. Also hope that those reading this will learn, and that your experience helps them to avoid a similar situation.
finnobarr

Postby camero41 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Idiot.

Result of WHOIS query:

Domain name:
fastcashunsecuredloans.co.uk

Registrant:
Green Alkemi

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
F Block
delhi
delhi
India

Registrar:
UK Webhosting Ltd [Tag = HOSTROUTE]
URL: http://www.hostroute.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 18-May-2009
Expiry date: 18-May-2013
Last updated: 03-Aug-2011

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns.srv2.com
ns2.srv2.com

WHOIS lookup made at 22:59:38 15-Sep-2012
camero41

Postby fergusson90 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:15 pm

Eve - don't mean to make you feel worse but the Ukash thing when talking about loans is a well known scam. And you're right, no genuine lender asks for money before loaning money - kind of defeats the purpose. To put simply, Ukash is a form of voucher which can be redeemed in exchange for money. Scammers use this method because there's less chance of them being caught - you send vouchers, they cash them = no awkward credit/debit card trail that can be traced. That phone number is also well known:

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/02081231642

All I can say is that you did right to report it to Action Fraud but don't expect them to be able to just sort it out as they would have to first prove a crime/breach of trading laws took place and then catch the culprits - not easy. Also contact the Office of Fair Trading and Ofcom (the telecommunications watchdog), report the use of the number you listed - as you'll see from that link above, some people have had really nasty abuse from them. Sorry to hear you've fallen victim to this, sadly they prey on people being off-guard, not knowing the proper processes or just being plain desperate. There's a common theme among people who need urgent loans - desperation. And desperation = easy target.
fergusson90

Postby rene » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:17 pm

You'd have to be pretty stupid to fall for that. Their name alone raises so many red flags.
rene

Postby neued » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

You'd have to be pretty stupid to fall for that. Their name alone raises so many red flags.
This happened to me yesterday, had me for £355 .. Man said i needed to pay an advance installment of £110 and then he said the government we're holding the money back because of tax reasons so i had to send a further £245 .. and as i didn't want to lose the first lot of coin i stupidly send the other. He was so sincere.. even said to him what guarantee do i have here and he said he was from the British consul and even said he swears on his girlfriend that this money will be in my account within half hour of transfer.

Names of the people i dealt with were called Martin Edwards and Sean Miller and they got in touch though this number "02081443495"

proper gutted all the same, broke as anything and needed the loan to move out. most wounding thing is i borrowed the £355 off someone who can't really afford to be losing that kind of money thinking it would be back in my hands half hour later.. but i suppose that's what kind of person they prey on, desperate people with bad credit.

Don't let these money issues get you down though, more to life than money.

So everyone look out for FASHCASHUNSECURELOANS.CO.UK - as they are all wearing masks and stripey jumpers.
neued

Return to Personal Loans