Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

I have an account coming up on my credit report It is GECRB/HOME DESIGN ?

Is your credit score looking bad? Tips on how to improve it.

Postby nathanael86 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:08 am

what does that mean
nathanael86

Postby harlak » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:14 am

This is some kind of credit card managed by GE credit. Did you sign up for an account at a store with Home Design in the name?

If you don't recognize this account, then dispute it with the credit bureau. It could be a simple error and easily fixed. If that doesn't get the account removed, you will then have to contact GE and dispute the account with them as potential ID theft.
harlak

Postby clach » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:30 am

This is some kind of credit card managed by GE credit. Did you sign up for an account at a store with Home Design in the name?

If you don't recognize this account, then dispute it with the credit bureau. It could be a simple error and easily fixed. If that doesn't get the account removed, you will then have to contact GE and dispute the account with them as potential ID theft.
People who take advantage of retail store credit programs often go through GE (General Electric) for their financing. It sounds quite legitimate. If you purchased anything on credit from Home Design, that's where it came from. Are you claiming to have never heard of a Home Design store?
clach

Postby matthieu46 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:32 am

If you're not aware it is, dispute it.
matthieu46

Postby rene » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:35 am

The credit report will also list contact information for all creditors listed on the credit report. Call this account and ask them.

GECRB is GE Capital Retail Bank. This might be for some home improvement project.
rene

Return to Credit Reports and Credit Scores