Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: John Oliver Talks About Student Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

I sent my social security and credit card number and security code to the wrong email, what do i do?

Credit Card Debt discussions & tips

I sent my social security and credit card number and security code to the wrong email, what do i do?

Postby walbridge » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:42 pm

I wrote in the email wrong, and that email address i sent to was an actual active email. What do I do?! IT HAD MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, AND ALL MY INFORMATION ON THAT EMAIL. I meant to send it to my friend, I'm panicking :(
walbridge

Postby goraidh61 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:43 pm

Brainless thing to do, even sending it to your friend you NEVER give anyone those details, and you NEVER do it by email any way,

Contact your bank, and social services office. pronto
goraidh61

Postby morrison » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:44 pm

OH HO HO, that's where I got this random email with all those info from. I'm having an early retirement. ty.

Seriously, contact your bank to cancel your cards.

http://www.ssa.gov/hlp/block-access.htm for social
morrison

Postby saber82 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:55 pm

better check your bank card and why haven't you contacted your bank ????????????
your social is well i have no answer , other than say pay attention , slow down
saber82

Return to Credit Card Debt