Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: The Worst Kinds of Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

If I get a business loan, how long of a term does the average bank give you to pay them back?

Talk about personal loans and managing them to lower your debt

If I get a business loan, how long of a term does the average bank give you to pay them back?

Postby newyddilyn17 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:33 am

Do they give you 1 year to pay them back with 12 monthly payments? Or 5 years? 20 years?
newyddilyn17

Postby payne » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:34 am

5 years is about average
payne

Postby darrold » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:45 am

It depends on the use of the loan. A line of credit is used for short term cash flow issues. It is usually for 12 months with the ability to renew if you are paying on time. Hard assets such with longer life spans can be financed up to 7 years depending on the asset. Assets such as building can be financed up to 25 years. Just make sure your financing matches your needs appropriatley. You don't want to finance a long term asset with short term money.
darrold

Postby kaelin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:47 am

It depends. I would worry first about if you can get a business loan.
kaelin

Postby fayne » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:54 am

It depends. I would worry first about if you can get a business loan.
5 years is standard, but will you qualify?
fayne

Return to Personal Loans