Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: The Worst Kinds of Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Is my routing number and tracking number still the same?

Credit Card Debt discussions & tips

Postby dontay » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:20 pm

I had a Wachovia Bank Account and a Atm/Debit Card from there. Now Wells fargo has taken over and changed everything to wells fargo. I don't write many checks but i still have All of my Wachovia checks. I just got a job. So now i need to take in a blank check to my new job so that i can use the direct deposit thing and get the money wired into my bank account. But my question is do I have to have Wells Fargo checks to do that? because i don't have any wells fargo checks. The ones i have are still Wachovia. I guess i need to know if the routing number and account numbers and all of that is still the same. I wanna be able to get my money. I would appreciate the help. THanks so much.
dontay

Postby dabbah95 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:36 pm

routing numbers and accounts numbers are BRANCH SPECIFIC...

They wont have changed because of the purchase... Use up your Wachovia checks... and you'll get WF one when you re-order...
dabbah95

Postby archambault » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:46 pm

They wont have changed because of the purchase... Use up your Wachovia checks... and you'll get WF one when you re-order...
called Wells Fargo, routing number and account number stayed the same.
archambault

Postby cinnfhail » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:48 pm

called Wells Fargo, routing number and account number stayed the same.
The only person that could correctly answer this question is a Wells Fargo phone banker. Here is their phone number 1-800-869-3557..... Go thru the menu and you will probably have to press zero to get the phone system to transfer you to a phone banker. I use to work for them and I know about the two companies kind of merging. Usually Wachovia checks are good for a while until a certain amount of time passes then WF expects all the customers to be switched. I would not give your new employer a Wachovia check because you don't know how long their routing numbers will be valid. You don't want to risk your future paychecks to bounce back and you have to wait to be paid. Call and find out. You can then always drive to a WF bank and have them print off new checks on the spot to give to your employer. The bank will print off 10 temp checks for $10 while you are waiting to receive your new box of checks in the mail. Good luck with the job!
cinnfhail

Return to Credit Card Debt