Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Is this Obummer economy the worst you have seen in your lifetime?

Talk about declaring bankruptcy, the issues involved and it's suitability to your financial problems

Postby julian » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:02 am

It is in my lifetime and I am 74 the inflation in gas and food is outrageous and the media trys to cover it up. There are no jobs that pay enough to afford the gas to get there. We have record poverty and record food stamp and welfare roles. We have record home foreclosures and record bankruptcies. So how on earth could this man even be considered for reelection?
julian

Postby bohannon » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:13 am

Obviously, you either aren't 74, or are senile and have a bad memory.
bohannon

Postby camero41 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:27 am

Obviously your narrow focus leaves out the constant rise of the DOW and the GDP.
camero41

Postby maralyn » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:31 am

I understand that these guys Bush & Cheney were responsible
for the 2 trillion dollars that suddenly disappeared from our treasury.
I'm under the impression that the ones who could actually do something about it,
(bringing it to light or justice or whatever)....all got their cut.
Granted, I don't know much about politics,...but it seems as if that
would account for, at least, some of what's going on in the economy.
I'm not necessarily Pro-Obama,...I just consider him the lesser of all the evils.
(ps: i didn't vote)(i can't)
maralyn

Postby grayson85 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:36 am

No, I am close to your age, and will never forget the 18.5% interest rates on housing in the early 80's. Gas, where I lived in 81 hit $2.50 a gallon. Sure that sounds good now, but we make a lot more money then we did in 1981.

Record home foreclosures are mainly due to people not thinking when they buy. $400,000 loft apartments come to mind in S.F. No one made anyone sign papers. I do not blame a loan officer or the President.

I certainly do not know why you say we have record poverty. I spend a lot of time on the road, I see huge RV's SU V's no car older then 4 years. Trucks running the interstate, day and night. Building everywhere, the ones that are poor and stay thay way are the prime targets of Reagan saying they are that way because it is easy.

Jobs, where I now live are going wanting, everything from Radiologists to Bank Officers, and yes, dishwashers. But everyone has to start somewhere. A dishwasher does not need a new BMW.
I am not a supporter of Obama, but do not blame him for the give it to me generation we are watching.
grayson85

Postby fergusson90 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:41 am

If you are 74, you seem to have forgotten the Bush 1 years.

You also seem to have forgotten at what point salaries and benefits for the middle class began to decline. The 50's and 60's were prosperous, unions where strong, and good paying manufacturing jobs were plentiful. Most jobs had pension plans and covered medical insurance 100%. Thank God, because those in our age group are managing to survive thanks to Democratic programs like social security and medicare.

Then came Reagan. He focused on breaking the powers of unions, and had economic policies that caused an increase of taxes for the middle class while shredding the social safety net. It is not surprising that the average middle-class income continues to hover around the level it was when Reagan was in office. Not to mention that he increased the national debt exponentially.

Since then school loans became privatized, the mortgage lending business was deregulated, the oil industry has been subsidized, funding for education has been cut and federal funding for programs like head start, pell grants and job training have gone away. Americans can not compete with the rest of the world in education. We are now 11th in the world in college graduates. All thanks to Republicans. Americans are dumber, poorer and have less opportunity than they had 40 years ago. They fall victim to predatory lending and now the greatest cause of bankruptcy is our profit based medical system. It is a tradgedy for our children and grand children.

This is a Republican economy. The result of Reagan's flawed notion of "trickle down". He believed, as most Republicans do, that if you let the rich get richer so will everyone else.

Didn't work did it?

I have a hard time believing you are 74 my friend. If you are, your memory is failing. You might want to see a doctor about that.

Obama pulled our butt out of the economic fire. He will go down in history as a great president.
I hope I live another 20 or so years to see it. But I'm old too. I am really sad to see how this country had deteriorated.
fergusson90

Postby jonam » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:47 am

I rather doubt your age, but no, this is not the worst.
jonam

Postby ephrayim » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:49 am

If 74 then your parents must have told you about the hardships that faced the country in the 30s

in 2005 this economy began to tank...it fell on sept 2008

how the hell is it this presidents fault...have you been away..who has stopped all Any anything from moving forward

anything he does or says is filibustered...like regulations for banks...watered down to point is now useless..how does any does any president force loan money or stop them from foreclosing this is free capitalism at work...they are doing awesome and are still not lending as they once did...his fault as well....wow

facts show the economy is moving forward and varies state to state...seems the negative ones are run by republicans and they are slashing/cutting and using anger instead of truly putting jobs programs in place.....what have they done is more the question

we all know no president can lower gas prices...geez

how the hell is it his fault for mortgages foreclosures....we all know who had hand in that
ephrayim

Postby bjorn » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:57 am

Nope, that would be the one during the Reagan/Bush years.
bjorn

Postby branton6 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:05 am

no, same as always, a white man ( bush ) buys it, destroys it, and them blames a black man
branton6

Next

Return to Bankruptcy