Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Graduates Using Volunteer Work For Student Debt Relief

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Its been 21 days and still no tax refund.?

Taxes! We hate paying them, so let's discuss maximizing tax deductions!

Postby bacstair » Sun May 19, 2013 8:39 pm

I too have waited the three weeks, WMR has changed from the bars to "your refund is still processing" @ Bowngal I tried to call the number you provided and it says because of the high call volume I have to call back tomorrow. :/,I have filed with the same guy for 3 years and nothing has changed from last year,except for the amount being larger than I have ever recieved,so I dont understand why they are taking so long.I filed on Jan 26th so it would be ready for the IRS when they started accepting on Jan 30th and it was accepted the 31st. . . To everyone who has commented, Have you guys recieved anything yet?At least I know im not alone in this. .I hate waiting. . .

****Update*****I called the IRS,early if you wanna get through 8008291040,and a rep told me that everything is fine with my taxes and she gave me a DDD of Feb.27th.Also when you call press your language preference then 2 then 00000 until it transfers you to a live person lol Good luck to everyone!!
@Browngal I did try both Ext as well as the 1040# yesterday and all told me to call back today because of high call volume. . .
***UPDATE***It took a few days but the WMR has went back to the bars and now says accepted with a DDD
bacstair

Postby tupi » Sun May 19, 2013 8:48 pm

I am in the same boat as everyone else apparently. I filed 1/26/13 was rejected went through ERS it was corrected and accepted 1/30/13 ( got informatiom from IRS called yesterday) I was supposed to get my refund by yesterday according to turbo tax. The bar on IRS changed from being reviewed or something like that ( the first step) to being processed information will be provided when available. everyone I have talked to that filed after me go their refunds reguardless of how big or small it was. When i called the IRS they didnt tell me that i was going to recieve a letter or that they needed any more info just that there was an issue and it was resolved. Got a message ofn 2/14/13 stating that my refund was finally being processed. Today makes day 21 and thats the same message on the IRS website this is ridiculous i did not have this problem last year i got really fast and all the information is still the same! Unfortunetly now all my bills are going to go to collections because i was supposed to pay them today with my refund (they take it right out of my account) and now i am over drawn because there was no money there. I didn't want to set it up like that....but they said if i didn't they were going to take me to court for not paying.
tupi

Postby ning » Sun May 19, 2013 9:07 pm

hey everyone im in the same boat as all of you i filed the 1/30 but they didnt accept me until the 2/1 and my status changed over the weekend to ...

Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available.
Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
Tax Topic 152, Refund Information

my tax guy said that means im waiting for an dd date and that i should receive it today the 21st but like all of you i havent and even the tax preparers are confused this year because the IRS has changed everything and we are still not completely cleared out of the fiscal cliff thanxx to our "wonderful" govt but if anyone needs a number to call the irs here is one to get a live person who will tell you nothing (800)829-0582 ext 362 or 462 both ext. work fine so you can put either one i dont know what department it takes you too but you will get a live rep. and you tell them that your 21 days are up and you want to know what is happening

********btw*********** OMG the REP SAID my DD is schedule for 2/26 OMG OMG OMG i been waiting since january im so freaking happy my oldest daughters bday is the 27th and i thought i wasnt going to be able to do anything for her and my birthday is saturday the 23th :( i wanted to buy myself a car but i will wait until the 26th the rep also said that when our status says

A refund date will be provided when available.... that this means the service is waiting for a date to issue for your DD date

@Kaylynn no the WMR didnt change the info i got was directly from the live Rep and when you call say to them **** your 21 days is up what is happening? and then they will ask you your info and give u the update thats in their system****

@Maryalic i called at 715am this morning when they opened and i was on hold for 30 mins for a live rep and did you try Both numbers?? and im calling right now again and its going thru again im on hold estimated wait time 30 mins....
ning

Postby isidoro6 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:10 pm

I have no idea what the problem is. My husband and I filed Jan,30 and our 21 days is up tomorrow and still no refund and IRS website states that my return is still being processed and will give a date when available also . However my friend and my sister both filled on Feb 1 and got their refunds already which was a week after filing. WT F man we really need our money. But if we owed any taxes we could not tell them we will give a date when available LOL I have called around to some tax offices and was told that the IRS was installing new software to prevent identity theft, and I also heard that it was congress fault, and I have also heard that every return is being triple checked this year. So I don't know and I guess no one will know the real reason until tax time is over... Good Luck
isidoro6

Postby deorsa90 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:24 pm

I filled on 1/25 accepted on 1/30 my status changed to your refund is still processing on 2/11 I still can't order return transcripts so I called and talked to a very nice rep yesterday and she told me that my refund started processing on the 30th and she didn't see any problems with it but since it was still in processing (I may or may not receive a letter. really?) She stated that I should wait until the 28th of February and call back if I haven't received an update or dd but If I was to receive a letter before the 28th of February I should have my refund back no later than June 30th. I have filled the same way for the last 11 years same address, same kids, same job, the only difference is my wife changed jobs in May.
deorsa90

Postby dohosan » Sun May 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Hello I am having the same issue . I filed 2/4 and the entire time the wmr site has said processing. Today is just says a date will be given when available . I called the IRS an was told there is an error but they aren't sure what it is , and if I receive a letter than they will need additional info - if no letter they will resolve it on their end . My 21 days is mon 2/25 I was told to call back then. I have always filed with the same accountant - same dependents every year - same address nothing has changed . I'm not even sure what the error could be and obviously they can't help . I hope something comes soon !
dohosan

Postby bacstair » Sun May 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Hello I am having the same issue . I filed 2/4 and the entire time the wmr site has said processing. Today is just says a date will be given when available . I called the IRS an was told there is an error but they aren't sure what it is , and if I receive a letter than they will need additional info - if no letter they will resolve it on their end . My 21 days is mon 2/25 I was told to call back then. I have always filed with the same accountant - same dependents every year - same address nothing has changed . I'm not even sure what the error could be and obviously they can't help . I hope something comes soon !
Hey I had filed on January 29, 2013 my tax return was accepted on January 30.I had a education tax credit which I claimed because I have started going to school last year. First I saw this magical progress bar that everyone is speaking off, it said received. Then a week later, the bar had disappeared and since then I had the- your tax return Is still processing a date will be provided when available. Well I called the IRS office two days before my 21 days was up.

First day
Me- waited 45 minutes
Agent- Hello how can I help you.
Me- checking tax return status
Agent- has it been 21 days yet? No o well you have to wait 21 days there is nothing I can do to your return here.
Me- why do you have a huge department of people answering phones and no one can do anything ?
Agent - call back when it's 21 days
--------------------------------------…
On the 21st day
Me- waiting 33 minutes
Agent - how can I help
Me- tax return status
Agent- been 21 days yet?
Me- yes
Agent- ow okay let me look
Agent- well looks like you have to let the 21 go over then call us
Me- why do you have a huge department of people answering phones and no one can do anything ?
Agent- call us back
Me-???? okay
--------------------------------------…
The 22nd day
Me- 48 min wait
Agent- how can I help you
Me- tax return status
Agent- Been 21 days?
Me- yes over
Agent - okay let me see
Agent- you have a education credit so it's 21 days from the 14 of January
Me- so obviously my tax return isn't processed yet, I been calling the last couple of days, you had the power to check it all along and yet you guys were really lazy couldn't even punch a few keys into the computer. Because you didn't even see that the had the education credit until you absolutely had to check it because I told you that it was over 21 days and it was the law.
-------------------------

Still waiting for my return
bacstair

Postby jerrold » Sun May 19, 2013 9:37 pm

I'm in the same boat!!!. I filed on Feb 4 and today is day 18 for me and no word. The wmr bar still say it's being processed. I went by the office were I filed on the 15th and she checked and said that my daughters birthday was entered wrong so she corrected it and said that it shouldn't cause any additional delay but I doubt it after reading what every one else has to say. My nephew filed after me and received his on yesterday. I didn't realize so many others were having the same problem. I too thought that perhaps I owed something or being audited for some reason but now I see that they are just slow this year. I have always filed the same way and have never experienced such a delay as this one. The thought of waiting 4 additional weeks is simply unbearable. Good luck to everyone though.
jerrold

Postby knocks » Sun May 19, 2013 9:46 pm

I file on the 30th of jan and up until today it says still being processed and you should recieve your refund in 21 days. Now says a refund date will be provided when available. I tried calling multiple numbers but they are saying call back wed or thurs. Im guessing because so many people are calling for problems. Dont know what is going on this year I have never had a problem before and everything is the same as prior years.
knocks

Postby sun » Sun May 19, 2013 9:53 pm

Today makes the 21st day for me also I just got off the phone with the IRS and was told my account had been pulled for randomd review (aduit) and I should have received a letter or will be and the letter was dated and to allow 30 days from the date of the letter to inquire about my refund I was also explained that a lot of people had been pulled for random review and this could slow the process up so allow up to 45 days......... To me this is a ploy by the IRS to wait to send out checks because they don't have the money I fille the same ever year I'm head of house I claim both of my son's and the only thing that has changed is our address the IRS rep said as long as everything as far as my numbers looks justifiable then there should be no problem. Looks like a lot of people will be waiting this year this is such a bad situation for a lot of us to be in I hope this info helps
sun

PreviousNext

Return to Taxes