Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: John Oliver Talks About Student Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Legal documents preparer?

Talk about declaring bankruptcy, the issues involved and it's suitability to your financial problems

Postby fayne » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi I need some help and guidance. I have a Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice and I am getting my tax preparer and public notary certification at the moment. I would also like to be a legal documents preparer that handles immigration, business, bankruptcy, divorce and many others. My questions are How can I become a legal document preparer? Is there any certification that I need to get? and what do I need in order to get me going on the process? If anybody knows please tell me. I would appreciate it. Thanks
fayne

Postby katlynne » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:52 pm

Really, really bad plan. If you don't know the basics already, the chances of you engaging in the unauthorized practice of law are extremely high. That line is pretty easy to cross, especially when you don't know exactly where it is.

If you do decide to go this route, make sure you have your business liability insurance paid up. You might want the name of a good criminal defense attorney, too.
katlynne

Return to Bankruptcy