Can they garnish his tax refund ? It's a domestic case though so there aware im married hes just not living in the home at this time . I did file for child support through welfare but he got one packet sent out and I threw his mail,away so he never got it .
What happens in this case?
- Posts: 831
- Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:55 pm
Yes they can garnish his tax refund, but you won't get it. It will be given to the state to repay them for the welfare they are giving you. Why would you be stupid enough to throw away his child support papers?
- Posts: 271
- Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:27 am
- Posts: 823
- Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:24 am
Return to Taxes
- Can you file jointly for taxes when the ex is on welfare and claims they are separated?
by renzo » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:59 am
- 4 Replies
- 232 Views
- Last post by gregor
Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:23 am
- How do I file my taxes if I'm legally separated and my husband lives with me again?
by kennan96 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:45 pm
- 3 Replies
- 272 Views
- Last post by ruprecht
Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:58 pm
- Do I have to file my taxes jointly with my husband even if we separated mid 2011?
by amos » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:02 pm
- 2 Replies
- 70 Views
- Last post by corrick
Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:12 pm
- Im separated from my husband we have 2 kids but are still married,can we still file taxes together?
by vychan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:40 pm
- 11 Replies
- 485 Views
- Last post by crespin
Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:20 am
- Do I/How do I file my 2012 taxes? My husband (separated) is being difficult?
by dillon36 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:47 am
- 6 Replies
- 383 Views
- Last post by fie55
Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:16 am
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: aeneas58, bramm, brenton, ceileachan89, cheche1, cillan76, clach, diandre72, donahue, easter, farold, favio84, gearald, gorrie, grayson85, hillocke, houston, jussi, lindley, mardon, mathias, obed, quesnel, saewald62, shing57, tanner, tarrant37, teiji, tsidhqiyah, whitmoor67 and 0 guests