Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: John Oliver Talks About Student Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Mom wont let me borrow car, and I dont make enough to finance one.?

Is your credit score looking bad? Tips on how to improve it.

Postby aekley » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:08 am

In case you are about to say that I WANT a car, you are wrong. I NEED a car. I am currently a college student, actually going to start in January. I am also an Army reserve soldier. For me to get to work, I have to take 2 buses, which takes about 40 minutes to arrive at work. Waiting for the bus is miserable, I have to stay out for over 30 minutes for each one to arrive. To get to school, I have to take a train and two buses. To get to drill, I have to pray for a ride, or take a train that takes 4 hours the night before. My mom will not let me borrow her car NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCE. All my friends have one, but it was given to them. They did not work a SINGLE HOUR in their life. My credit score is currently 719 and I can finance a car. Insurance in my state however, is ridiculous. No matter what my driving record is, I can expect to pay over 4000 a year. I live in MA by the way. What should I do with my life?
aekley

Postby ann » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:15 am

Get a scooter or motorcycle?
ann

Postby falken8 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:16 am

Get a scooter or motorcycle?
You can look in your local thrifty nickle and buy a car cheap. Just have someone check it out before you buy. Take good care of it and it should last a couple of years. You maybe in a position to buy a newer then.

You life is not over because you do not have a car.

Do not be mad at mom. She is smart for not lending out her vehicle. You do the same when you get your car.
falken8

Postby dohate » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:37 am

If you are working and living at home AND getting a paycheck from your job and from the Army Reserve, you should be able to save up a couple thousand dollars to buy yourself a car to get back and forth in.

An older, paid for car only needs liability insurance, not full coverage. So that will be cheaper.

So, my suggestion is to start saving your money to buy a car. It's the only way it's going to happen. Your friends are luckier than you.
dohate

Postby adolf » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:51 am

First off, anyone under 25 will pay through the nose for car insurance. You can call several banks and ask about the repo's. The trick to that is take 2 other people and let them put in low bids. Then you add $100 more and they might do the trick.
adolf

Postby abrahamo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:57 am

First off, anyone under 25 will pay through the nose for car insurance. You can call several banks and ask about the repo's. The trick to that is take 2 other people and let them put in low bids. Then you add $100 more and they might do the trick.
hello,when i need some loan for my business and problems I got deny by my bank because of my credit score and I decided to apply online, i came in contact with a Rev Anthony Obili. he assited me with the loan with just 2% interest rate and i was happy and my Business started back again. you can contact him, am sure he will help you out. email: [email protected]
abrahamo

Postby mainchin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:02 am

You are in your 20's and living at home.
Is thre a reason you never saved up to buy a car for cash?
Without a loan, you can carry liability only insurance - super cheap.
mainchin

Postby angor » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:13 am

Haha your username is om...Never mind that.The only thing I can suggest is take out a loan and buy you a used car or something like that.Get a job work invest in stocks.Anything that will help you make good money.Good luck.
angor

Postby jarin » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:54 am

If you buy an old enough car, you only need liability insurance, which will be cheaper - or at least you could have a really high deductible which also would reduce your insurance bill.
jarin

Postby knocks » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:32 am

stop comparing yourself to others. and stop feeling sorry for yourself.
knocks

Next

Return to Credit Reports and Credit Scores