Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Graduates Using Volunteer Work For Student Debt Relief

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Moving to a different country?

Discuss strategies for dealing with Student Loans

Postby giovany » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:50 pm

I want to, permanently move to a different country, after college. Currently, I live in the United States. I have a student loan. My question is, would I not be able to leave the country, until I pay off the loan? Or can I move, and pay it from the country I live in? Can someone please explain to me, what I should do and what is the easiest way to deal with this? Also, I'm going for Surgical Technologist, would I be able to work in the new country? Thank you, in advance!
giovany

Postby brenton » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:51 pm

What country ? In most ( if not all ) countries, in the medical field, you need to go to college there and meet their requirements to be licensed. That means being a native level speaker, as well as reading and writing.
In most countries, they want you to have a job offer before you get there. And it's not a good idea to leave the country owing a large amount of money.
I've checked into moving out of the country myself. Unless you have a special skill a native person doesn't have, chances of finding work are slim. Not to mention the countries that won't be safe for an American to move to.
brenton

Postby sike » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:04 pm

As long as you continue your loan payments you can make those payments from anywhere.
sike

Postby glifieu » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:10 pm

As long as you continue your loan payments you can make those payments from anywhere.
you would need to get a few years experience before getting a job in another country
always pay your debts before anything else
glifieu

Return to Student Loans