1. It's not a "tax refund form" it's a tax return. Some people get refunds, some people owe money when they file their tax returns.
2. The name needs to match what the Social Security Administration has on record for you.
You need to change the name on page one of the tax return before you mail it. The IRS is working more at sniffing out identity theft and misspelling a name may well trigger additional steps by the IRS. At the least, expect a delay in getting your refund check. At the worst, you may get a letter from the IRS telling you to prove your identity.
I hope this helps.
- Posts: 484
- Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:01 am
Return to Taxes
- Filed my taxes in March 2011 at HR block. Today I noticed they spelled my last name wrong.?
by twein » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:22 pm
- 3 Replies
- 214 Views
- Last post by marco
Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:34 pm
- Libertarians, what would be wrong in agreeing to pool your money with a group of people and form a community?
by nef » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:52 am
- 4 Replies
- 211 Views
- Last post by fergusson
Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:37 am
- Wouldnt the irs sen you something in the mail if anything was wrong with your taxes?
by falken8 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:09 pm
- 3 Replies
- 75 Views
- Last post by honiahaka
Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:30 pm
- Mail in Rebates/ customer satisfaction guaranteed is it wrong?
by nef » Tue May 01, 2012 1:43 pm
- 1 Replies
- 77 Views
- Last post by fogartaigh71
Tue May 01, 2012 1:45 pm
- When do you think i will get my w2 tax form in the mail?
by derrik » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:22 pm
- 0 Replies
- 73 Views
- Last post by derrik
Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:22 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: adisa29, aitan19, amoz, angor, ansley, aodhfionn74, ascott87, biaiardo, cashel, ceileachan89, chirayu70, dohosan, eliran11, elisai32, ephram24, essien, fie55, fredrick38, glifieu, godofredo38, goraidh61, hector59, kenrick, marquise, nat79, noshi, oshay39, paco, redman, rigg, scottie, wyligby and 0 guests