Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: John Oliver Talks About Student Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Pending transaction disappeared?

Credit Card Debt discussions & tips

Postby macalister » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:01 am

so i made a payment about 5 days ago online through my debit card. so when i looked at my account it had said pending transaction waiting for final amount from merchant with was xx amount.. So 3 days later the amount disappeared on my online banking.. i had called the place where i purchased and they said they received the xx amount of money.. so why did it disappear on my account and the account balance was restored?
macalister

Postby stiles » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:06 am

How did you use the debit card? Yes, it all depends on how you use it.
Was it as debit (you use your pin number)? If so, I'd suggest you call the bank and see what's going on.
OR
Was it as credit (you didn't use your pin number)? If that was the case, then the bank can only hold the money for a certain amount of time. If the merchant does not collect within that time frame, the hold falls off and the money is put back into the account. I can take up to 10 business days until the merchant goes to collect. When he does, the merchant will take the money out regardless of funds in the account or not.
Sounds like the merchant has yet to actually collect it; they haven't batched out all the transactions that have been collecting.
stiles

Postby fergusson90 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:19 am

The money wasn't taken from your account? You really need to talk to your bank about this. Because if you don't the transaction will go through when you least expect, or can afford, it.
fergusson90

Return to Credit Card Debt