Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Graduates Using Volunteer Work For Student Debt Relief

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Please check my answers. Are they correct??? honeslty i did the research part 2?

Taxes! We hate paying them, so let's discuss maximizing tax deductions!

Please check my answers. Are they correct??? honeslty i did the research part 2?

Postby kedrick91 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:20 pm

16. What was the ultimate impact of U.S. participation in World War I on Germany and its allies?
(Points : 2)
Germany became more determined than ever, causing an increase in the death rate.

U.S. participation caused a rift between Britain and France that extended the war.

>Germany's allies abandoned it once the United States committed to war.

American forces ended the stalemate on the western front leading to Germany's defeat.

17. What impact did U.S. entry into World War I have on labor and production?
> Farming and agriculture fell short of meeting the food requirements of the military.

There was a serious labor shortage that was difficult to fill.

The civilian population was unable to keep up with the supply needs of the military.

With men drafted to serve in the military, jobs opened for women and minorities.

18. What did the federal government do to generate support for America's role in World War I?
>formed the Committee on Public Information to create propaganda about the war

sold savings bonds to remind Americans to be patriotic about the war effort

provided tax rebates in exchange for military enlistments

established a special agency within the Department of Defense to respond to questions

19. Which agency is not an example of the expansion of the power of the federal government during World War I?
>the American Civil Liberties Union

the Food Administration

the War Industries Board

the Railroad Administration

20. What was one way that the government exerted power to reduce debate and dissent over U.S. participation in World War I?
formed the National Civil Liberties Bureau

>passed the Espionage and Sedition Acts

promoted the Red Scare

prevented the post office from censorship

21. With these words, spoken to Congress on January 8, 1918, Woodrow Wilson introduced the Fourteen Points that he believed were essential to peace. Which violated his goals for peace?

> an association of nations

open diplomacy

freedom of the seas

economic penalties for Germany

22. Key points of the Treaty of Versailles stripped Germany of its overseas colonies and required Germany to pay reparations. What else did the treaty require?
Austria would give territory to France.

>Germany would accept blame for the war.

Italy would gain territory from Serbia.

Germany would keep seized Russian territory.

23. What was a major reason for the U.S. Senate's failure to ratify the Treaty of Versailles?
>They objected to the League of Nations, fearing that it would supersede U.S. authority.

They decided that German reparations were not sufficient to meet the costs of war.

They disapproved of the way in which the treaty was negotiated.

They believed that Wilson should have gained some territory for the United States.

24. What brought an increase in income and growth in the GNP for the United States during the twenties?
low unemployment

>industrialization and technology

longer hours

foreign credit

25. Which was not a limit on post-World War I prosperity?
assembly line jobs

seasonal unemployment

>discrepancy in wages between men and women

gaps between the incomes of rich and poor

26. Why did the automobile have a major impact on the United States in the twenties?
The government could tax gasoline and an increase in the use of cars increased federal and state revenue.

Traffic began to create commuting problems that the government failed to address.

Inexperienced drivers caused numerous accidents that made it difficult for hospitals to provide adequate care.

>By the end of the decade, automobile ownership had increased dramatically.

27. The radios, telephones, electricity, and indoor plumbing of the 1920s are evidence of what?
the influence of women on consumer decisions

> the strain on resources following the war

the influence of technology on American life

the challenges people faced in keeping up with their neighbors

28. What 1920s trend favored individual experiences, emotions, and the expression of personal freedom in contrast to an earlier emphasis on consensus and reason?
Impressionism

Optimism

>Modernism

Abstract expressionism

29. How did youth culture change during the 1920s?
Both men and women were working outside the home, so youth were expected to shoulder greater responsibility.

>Students were able to remain in school longer and an adolescent culture developed.

No real youth culture existed during the 1920s.

Youth were expected to hold jobs that contributed to the welfare of the family.
kedrick91

Postby daith » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Yes, your answers are correct
daith

Return to Taxes