Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Please check my history answers? I just have a few. :)?

Taxes! We hate paying them, so let's discuss maximizing tax deductions!

Postby torrance71 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:45 am

I appreciate this very much. MY answers are at the bottom if you be so kind as to check them. :)

Hamilton's economic plans led to differences over the meaning of the Constitution. One view was that a strong federal government was most important to the success of the new nation. Which of the following best describes another major view?
Answer

States must retain their power to avoid the problems experienced with England.

Collecting taxes violated the basis under which independence had been achieved.

The military needed sound funding in order to prevent further wars with England.

The Judicial branch should not interfere with cases involving state matters.

2 points
Question 7

Which statement best describes the election of 1800?
Answer

The election showed that it was finally Thomas Jefferson's chance to be president, so she won in a landslide.

The election went to the House of Representatives and led to an amendment to the Constitution.

The election of 1800 proved how unnecessary the Electoral College was in choosing the president.

The election proved that the candidates had to spend lots of money, make a lot of speeches, and travel to every town and city.

2 points
Question 8

How did the Louisiana Purchase benefit the United States?
Answer

It created a barrier between the states and the Indian tribes to the west.

It prevented the Spanish from capturing that part of the United States and taking over the Mississippi River.

It doubled the size of the country and guaranteed U.S. control of the Mississippi River

It generated income that freed the nation of significant debt incurred during the War of 1812.

2 points
Question 9

Why was the Senate vote to declare the War of 1812 so close at 19 for and 13 against?
Answer

Because even though the British had agreed to attack Canada, they did not provide enough soldiers to do so.

Because many in the Senate, especially Federalists, believed the war was a bad idea.

Because some of the Senators had left Washington to return home for the summer recess, so they could not vote.

Because the Secretary of War had irritated many of the senators by refusing to increase the size of the navy.

2 points
Question 10

When the Treaty of Ghent was signed and the War of 1812 ended, what was the outcome?
Answer

The British got a large part of the Louisiana Purchase despite losing New Orleans.

Both the British and the Americans lost territory, and the French gained territory
while they were fighting.

The United States got the rights to the Mississippi River and all of its tributaries.

Neither side gained nor lost territory, and both sides reverted to their positions before the war.

My answers:
6. B
7. B
8. C
9. B
10. D

thanks
torrance71

Postby alex24 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:47 am

Only 10% neon bEst
alex24

Return to Taxes