1. The major obligation of a vassal to his lord was to (1 point)
perform military service.
give up his land when asked.
provide food from his land.
2. The Magna Carta was important because it (1 point)
was the first constitution.
created the English Parliament.
strengthened the idea that a monarch's power was limited, not absolute.
made every male in England a "free man."
3. Frederick I created a new empire consisting of Germany and Italy, which was called the (1 point)
Holy Roman Empire.
Western Roman Empire.
4. What was NOT a reason for the start of the Crusades. (1 point)
Jerusalem fell to Muslim forces under Saladin.
The Byzantine Emperor asked Europeans for help against the Seljuk Turks.
Pope Urban II wanted a great cause to prove his leadership.
Europeans wanted to capture Jerusalem and Palestine from the Muslims.
5. What served as the basic building blocks of African society? (1 point)
6. All of the following are true of the Crusades EXCEPT (1 point)
Alexius I asked Europe for military aid against Seljuk Turks.
Urban II wanted Europe to liberate the Holy Land from Muslims.
Italian port cities prospered from supplying Europeans in Palestine.
Crusader kingdoms finally freed Jerusalem in 1187, defeating Saladin.
7. The departure of Muhammad from Makkah for Madinah is called the (1 point)
8. The emphasis on landscape in Chinese painting reflects the (1 point)
Daoist search for balance in nature.
interest in showing realistic shapes.
loss of lands to the Mongols.
medicinal use of plants and herbs.
9. Especially important in defining Catholic Church doctrine was the (1 point)
Holy Roman emperor.
10. The legal heritage of Rome was preserved in The Body of Civil Law, compiled under order of (1 point)
Alfred the Great.
- Posts: 849
- Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:47 am
a, c, c,b, d, c, a, b, d, c,
- Posts: 804
- Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:38 am
One, we can't help with homework. Two what has this got to do with gender studies?
- Posts: 777
- Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:12 pm
Did you even consider reading the book, instead of wasting all this time to type all these questions ??
- Posts: 826
- Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:39 pm
- Posts: 852
- Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:38 pm
Muslim armies had conquered Syria, Persia, Palestine, Egypt, North Africa, Spain, Sicily, Southern Italy, Cyprus, Rhodes, Sardinia, Majorca, Crete, and Malta which had been some of the most heavily Christian areas in the world. They attacked Rome and came within 100 miles of Paris before being pushed back.
Thousands, and possibly millions, of Christians died during this drive to eventually bring the entire world under Islam.
The First Crusade was launched in 1095 by Pope Urban II to check the advance of the Muslims and regain control of the city of Jerusalem and the Holy Land.
If this defensive war was not fought then we would probably all be Muslim today.
I am sure that some atrocities were committed by individuals of both sides during this war but by most people's judgment this was a just war.
For more information, see:
+ The Crusaders by Régine Pernoud
+ The Decline of Eastern Christianity under Islam: From Jihad to Dhimmitude (1996) by Bat Ye’or
+ God’s Battalions: The Case for the Crusades (2009) by Rodney Stark
+ Islam at the Gates (2008) by Diane Moczar
+ Seven Lies About Catholic History (2010) by Diane Moczar
+ Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Crusade
With love in Christ.
- Posts: 842
- Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:54 am
Return to Taxes
- Help! With a few Social Studies questions!?
by bºi » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:22 am
- 2 Replies
- 498 Views
- Last post by webb24
Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:36 am
- I have social studies questions and i need help! please!!?
by galloway » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:22 am
- 0 Replies
- 72 Views
- Last post by galloway
Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:22 am
- Social studies question only 9 questions?
by diandre » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:45 pm
- 3 Replies
- 250 Views
- Last post by yehudi
Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:07 am
- Help me with social studies plz help?
by biaiardo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:43 am
- 1 Replies
- 466 Views
- Last post by dridan
Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:46 am
- Help me with social studies please, I tried and I really don't get it?
by holdin27 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:02 am
- 0 Replies
- 129 Views
- Last post by holdin27
Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:02 am
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: aeneas58, akins, aluino, avram, bardolph, bennie, brenton, clach, crohoore, delano, donahue, dorrin38, efran, farold, floyd, garanhon86, gerrit, glifieu, godofredo38, grayson85, gwydyon, gwyngad50, hardyn, hartun, heanleah4, isidoro6, kevion, lindley, loefel, maitreya, mardon, marline31, noshi, obed, osborn, quaid, rodrik, tanner, tarrant37, teiji, tsidhqiyah, valdo and 1 guest