1. The Supreme Court's ruling in Engel v. Vitale (1 point)legalized abortion.
forbade religious teaching in schools.
overturned the Equal Rights Amendment.
2. Ronald Reagan convinced many Americans that he would (1 point)usher in a new era of prosperity.
end the Cold War with the Soviet Union.
use higher taxes to increase the public welfare.
focus on practical action rather than on idealistic optimism.
4. What Reagan policy resulted in an increase in the federal budget deficit? (1 point)supply-side economics
increased defense spending
increased spending on social programs
5. Despite an economic turn around in 1983, (1 point)inflation rose dramatically.
tax rates continued to go up.
the number of the working poor increased.
immigration to the United States declined.
6. On what issue did Justice Sandra Day O'Connor consistently break with other conservative judges? (1 point)abortion
religion in schools
Social Security reform
7. A Nation at Risk reported on the
(1 point)rising threat of AIDS.
coming crisis in Social Security.
declining test scores of students.
income gap between the rich and the poor.