Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Plzzzzz helppp me with 7th grade history plzzz!!!!?

Taxes! We hate paying them, so let's discuss maximizing tax deductions!

Postby aeneas16 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:37 am

1. A primary election is held by a political party before a general election to select the party's official candidates. (1 point)True
False

2. A German diplomat promised to help Mexico regain its lost provinces of Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico in exchange for its support of Germany. (1 point)True
False

3. In the early 1930s, the price of a barrel of oil dropped. (1 point)True
False

4. Franklin Roosevelt narrowly defeated Herbert Hoover in the presidential election of 1932. (1 point)True
False

5. Some Mexican Americans who were U.S. citizens were deported during the Depression. (1 point)True
False

Multiple Choice
6. Which marked the beginning of the oil boom in Texas? (1 point)a gusher in Houston
a gusher at Spindletop
a gusher near Dallas
a gusher in San Antonio

7. After Galveston was rebuilt, it resumed its role as (1 point)the center of government.
a cattle center.
headquarters for Exxon.
a port of entry for immigrants.

8. The Progressive Movement supported all of the following EXCEPT (1 point)new tax laws.
women’s suffrage.
the commission form of government.
changes in election laws.

9. All were war efforts on the home front during World War I EXCEPT (1 point)giving to the Red Cross.
rationing food.
flying combat missions.
buying Liberty Bonds, Victory Bonds, and War Savings Stamps.

10. The struggle for equality for women was only partially successful because (1 point)women got less money than men for the same job.
minority women were mostly limited to low-paying jobs.
women did not have the same legal rights as men.
all of the above.

11. All are accurate descriptions of Texas during the Great Depression EXCEPT (1 point)farmers’ incomes fell.
many people could not afford to pay for food.
many people lost their jobs.
the rate of immigration from Mexico rose.

12. During the 1920s and ‘30s, cotton prices were driven down by (1 point)the “drop-a-crop” program.
overproduction.
severe drought.
bank failures.

13. President Herbert Hoover (1 point)caused the Great Depression.
underestimated the Depression.
started the New Deal.
closed all the banks.

14. The United States declared war against Japan in 1941 because of (1 point)the Holocaust.
the conquest of China.
the end of the New Deal.
the attack on Pearl Harbor.

15. Texas cities conducted blackouts during World War II (1 point)to conserve energy.
to protect against air attacks.
to show their support for the war.
to help end crime.

16. In 1944, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that (1 point)all-white Texas primaries were legal.
all-white Texas primaries were not legal.
Texas elections did not fall under the Court’s jurisdiction.
Herman Sweatt could not attend the University of Texas.

17. During WWII, parts of Texas experienced population growth because of (1 point)a baby boom.
returning soldiers.
waves of European immigrants.
wartime employment opportunities.

18. After World War II, the United States was committed to stopping the spread of (1 point)internationalism.
communism.
colonialism.
fascism.

Essay

Note: your teacher will grade your responses to questions 19–25 to ensure you receive proper credit for your answers.

19. Recognizing Bias. What kinds of prejudice did African Americans and Mexican Americans experience in Texas in the early 20th century? (3 points)

20. Evaluating Information. Why was the discovery of oil at Spindletop so important to other parts of the state? (3 points)

21. Evaluating Information. How did women contribute to Texas politics in the 1920s? (3 points)

22. Making Comparisons. What were differences in the way Governor Allred and Governor Ferguson interacted with the Texas Rangers? (3 points)

23. Evaluating Information. How did the Great Depression affect cotton farmers? (3 points)

24. Determining Cause and Effect. How did World War II improve the economy of Texas? (3 points)

25. Analyzing Information. What was the GI Bill of Rights and why was it important? (3 points)
no bad comment plzz!!!
aeneas16

Postby everitt » Wed May 02, 2012 2:45 am

i have no idea but you can always go and look them up
everitt

Postby salford » Wed May 02, 2012 2:48 am

Yes, I can help - the first thing you do is open your textbook and read it. Failing that, go on the internet and make use of all the information to be found there. Do you seriously expect someone to answer 25 questions for you, including writing the essays?
salford

Return to Taxes