Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Simple Tips for Managing Your First Credit Card

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Refund Status Changed with IRS?

Taxes! We hate paying them, so let's discuss maximizing tax deductions!

Postby falken8 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:47 am

I filed my taxes and it was accpeted on Jan 17th, IRS WMR has said my return was being processed and I should receive my refund by Jan31st. Well today (Sunday) Jan 29th it changed to the following:

Your tax return has been received and is being processed.
If you file a complete and accurate tax return, your refund will be issued:

within six weeks of the received date.

Can someone please tell me why and does that mean I will not being getting DD. Thanks in advance
falken8

Postby donal62 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:53 am

call the irs 1800 number WHERES MY REFUND! if the site answer isnt working! filed on 14th irs site changes so much !!!!
donal62

Postby elliston66 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:01 am

call the irs 1800 number WHERES MY REFUND! if the site answer isnt working! filed on 14th irs site changes so much !!!!
That don't sound good my has been saying the 31 all week today sunday it said my DD will be in my account on monday sounds like they are reviewing your return good luck that message won"t change now until WEDS
elliston66

Postby fergusson » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:06 am

checking WMR too many times will give you a different date,
Wait to call IRS after 10 days of the scheduled date.

Make life easy on yourself and quit lending the government interest free money.
make changes to your w4 now so next filing season you won't be due a refund or owe.

good luck!
fergusson

Postby haldane » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:09 am

checking WMR too many times will give you a different date,
Wait to call IRS after 10 days of the scheduled date.

Make life easy on yourself and quit lending the government interest free money.
make changes to your w4 now so next filing season you won't be due a refund or owe.

good luck!
yep. there are some that got theirs already, after filing AFTER january 17th. January 17 is the first day that the IRS started accepting taxes in this tax season. In the world of the irs, late means early when it comes to refunds. I got mine accepted on the 17th, but was told i'd have my refund on the 25th DD. I got NOTHING On the 25th. I checked wmr and it said three things in the past 4 days. I'd get mine BY the 31st, i get mine ON the 30th, i'd have to wait within 6 weeks, and now, i get "your refund is being processed." The irs SUCKS!
haldane

Postby daveed92 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:12 am

I will find out what it means tomorrow, I suppose.

I had a status of "BY the 31st" until Thursday when it updated to a deposit "ON the 30th". It changed again on Friday, though, with the "WITHIN six weeks" message.
daveed92

Postby maclaine100 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:20 am

Thats the message that shows up once they have released you tax refund, I got the same message and my dd is pending in my account
maclaine100

Postby hartwood16 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:36 am

I filed with Turbo Tax and everyone on that website is saying that once you received the "within six weeks" message, you will receive your refund soon. I hope so because I got the same message today, after getting the "...by Jan 31st" date. I hope we both get our returns sooner than later!
hartwood16

Postby bryten89 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:43 am

Got my refund this morning around 7:30 central time & my WMR status was giving me that 6wk message & still is. Hope you get yours too. Good luck!
bryten89

Postby marco » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:52 am

Not to burst your bubble ( i know mine was)but I'm getting the same message and the 3 different irs reps that I all talked to gave me different answers! The most recent was today and they lady said the new system is holding my funds to make sure I don't owe any government agencies ( witch I don't cuz I called the us treasury department and they say I owe nothing) she said if I don't owe anything to expect my refund 2-3 weeks after February 12th ! I really hope this isn't the case but I'm really sad if it is! But I'm.also hearing people with the same message are getting their refunds so I guess time will.tell has anyone else had a rep tell them this 2-3 week thing?
marco

Return to Taxes