Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: The Worst Kinds of Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

So what's going to happen to Detroit?

Talk about declaring bankruptcy, the issues involved and it's suitability to your financial problems

Postby gearald » Sat May 12, 2012 11:52 pm

I'm hearing all these good things about the city and then they declared bankruptcy. I'm moving there next week and I was wonding about jobs and revitalization or light rail down Woodward or any other positive things about the city.
gearald

Postby gti » Sat May 12, 2012 11:54 pm

i dont know but i think you'll like the book Detroit 138 square miles by julia reyes taubman
gti

Postby matthieu46 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:59 pm

Detroit is going to keep on getting better and better just like it has been for the last 30 years. Yes, they still have a long long way to go, but it's so obvious to anybody with open eyes and minds that the Motor City is climbing back to the top.
The biggest revitalization project currently underway is the rebuilding of the riverfront from the Belle Isle bridge down to Joe Louis Arena. The walkway is either fully complete or nearly complete. They're building parks along the riverfront and other new developments that are turning that once barren wasteland into a shining jewel. Where once sat cement factories, tire factories, and other industrial wastelands, we now have the beautiful parks, a marina, and several new luxury loft and condo projects underway.
matthieu46

Postby fogartaigh71 » Sun May 13, 2012 12:07 am

The light rail plan for Woodward Avenue has, again, been scrapped.
There are still no grown-ups running the city.

At least the Tigers are off to a good start.
fogartaigh71

Return to Bankruptcy