Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: John Oliver Talks About Student Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

*Urgent* I used my dad's debit card (with permission) to pay for thorpe park tickets online..?

Credit Card Debt discussions & tips

*Urgent* I used my dad's debit card (with permission) to pay for thorpe park tickets online..?

Postby aghamore » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:43 am

I used my dad's debit card (with permission) to pay for thorpe park tickets online, we've had the tickets printed out for ages but there was another part to the email that said my dad had to write a, sort of, permission letter, but I cant find the email, tried looking on their website and searching on google but no luck, so I don't know what infomation to put, or what to write! I'm going tomorrow as well!
I'm not very good at talking on the phone so I don't really want to ring them if I can help it lol

If you can help, thanks :)
aghamore

Postby chumin » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:52 am

I used my dad's debit card (with permission) to pay for thorpe park tickets online, we've had the tickets printed out for ages but there was another part to the email that said my dad had to write a, sort of, permission letter, but I cant find the email, tried looking on their website and searching on google but no luck, so I don't know what infomation to put, or what to write! I'm going tomorrow as well!
I'm not very good at talking on the phone so I don't really want to ring them if I can help it lol

If you can help, thanks :)
Could you get your Dad to call them? Then he could explain everything and as it is his debit card, he could give you permission over the phone.
chumin

Postby lang75 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:53 am

If you have the printed out tickets, I would not worry about anything else. If they question anything your dad has the debt card you paid with so everything is cool don't worry. Have fun tomorrow.
lang75

Postby bornani » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:07 pm

your tickets are printed. thats all you need. they are not going to mess with all that. the tickets are paid for and all you should need to take with you is a form of id.
bornani

Postby bayerd4 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:09 pm

You ******* failed...
bayerd4

Postby ellmer11 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:15 pm

You ******* failed...
If you already printed the tickets, there should be no problem. The problem usually is when people buy the tickets online and can't print them. When this happens they come to the Will Call booth to get their tickets. This is where it gets ugly. We have to prove that they bought those tickets. Generally we ask for ID. But, when teens are dropped off with out mom and dad, we use other ways of determining if those tickets are really theirs (like checking the name listed on the tickets or asking for the purchasers name, address, etc). This only works for my dad (mom, grandma, etc.) bought the tickets, because that is a common scenario. Calling on the phone doesn't help. We have no way of knowing if that is the correct person on the other end of the line.
ellmer11

Postby benjiro » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:17 pm

You don't need a permission slip or anything else. All you need to show up with is your printed tickets and you will be allowed to enter the theme park. The only time they don't allow you entrance is when you can't print the tickets, then you need to pick the tickets up and the card holder (in this case your dad) would have to be present to claim the tickets.
benjiro

Postby ramzey36 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi,

You are required to bring written permission to use the tickets... However I've never known for someone to be asked for the note.

Just to be on the safe side, as a precaution, I'd say just write the note anyway - You never know how strict the operator on the gate may be.

All he would need to write is something along the lines of:

I "insert your dads name here", give permission for "insert your name" to use these tickets purchased with my debit/credit card, ending in numbers "enter last 4 digits of your dad's card"

Then get him to sign it. Simple as!
ramzey36

Return to Credit Card Debt