Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: John Oliver Talks About Student Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

What are the differences between Audit, Tax, and Advisory jobs in accounting?

Taxes! We hate paying them, so let's discuss maximizing tax deductions!

Postby orsen » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:08 pm

I'm a junior in college about to get my first internship in accounting and I have interviews coming up with the big 4. I'm accounting major but I honestly don't know what I should go into within the field of accounting whether it be audit, tax, or advisory. So does anyone have any insight on the main differences? I'd like to know about work hours, pay differences, ability to move up in a company, and most importantly what exactly would be your main duties?
orsen

Postby demason48 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:17 pm

I'm a junior in college about to get my first internship in accounting and I have interviews coming up with the big 4. I'm accounting major but I honestly don't know what I should go into within the field of accounting whether it be audit, tax, or advisory. So does anyone have any insight on the main differences? I'd like to know about work hours, pay differences, ability to move up in a company, and most importantly what exactly would be your main duties?
They are exactly what they are sound to be.
Tax - tax preparation
Audit - investigating the paper work (or in the case of IRS is to interview the subject)
Advisory - make comments or suggestions about prep tax work
demason48

Postby arye » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Check out http://www.free-job-descriptions.com you will find job duties for lots of accounting jobs
arye

Return to Taxes