Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: John Oliver Talks About Student Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

What does it mean :Your tax return has been received and is being processed:?

Taxes! We hate paying them, so let's discuss maximizing tax deductions!

Postby bacstair » Wed May 09, 2012 5:34 pm

I first filed my taxes in January but due to identify fraud they didn't go through. Well long story short I was finally supposed to get my taxes on May 1st but obviously I didn't get them and whenever I go on wheres my refund it says Your tax return has been received and is being processed. What does this mean? When should I receive my taxes?
bacstair

Postby placido90 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:36 pm

I first filed my taxes in January but due to identify fraud they didn't go through. Well long story short I was finally supposed to get my taxes on May 1st but obviously I didn't get them and whenever I go on wheres my refund it says Your tax return has been received and is being processed. What does this mean? When should I receive my taxes?
You could also go to your local IRS office in your area and get some face to face information about your situation at this time in your life.
Need Tax Help? Visit an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center
If you need to resolve a tax problem, have tax law questions or you’re more comfortable talking with someone face-to-face, visit your local IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center where you can spread out your records and talk with an IRS representative across the counter. No appointment is necessary, just walk in.
For IRS (TAC) Taxpayer Assistance Center locations, business hours and an overview of services, visit www.irs.gov. Just go to the “Individuals” tab and click on” Contact My Local Office” in the left tool bar section under IRS Resources.
Need Tax Help? Visit an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=225951,00.html

Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 05/04/2012
placido90

Postby daith » Wed May 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Call IRS at 1-800-829-0922 to find out where your refund is at. Some people with identity theft have had to wait up to 16 weeks or longer to receive the refund.
now is a good time to request all your w2 for prior years to find out when someone started using your SSN. visit IRS website www.irs.gov and download form 4506 to request the w2 or 1099 issued under your social security number. You be surprised what your find, the person name will be on the w2 and their address.
after your refund is issued make sure to check with IRS before filing next year, you may need to file an identity theft form 14039 again each year.
Good luck
daith

Return to Taxes