Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: John Oliver Talks About Student Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Why do Republicans hate the middle-class?

Taxes! We hate paying them, so let's discuss maximizing tax deductions!

Postby brannt65 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm

All their policies over the last 35 years have aimed at hollowing-out and destroying the great American middle-class society, which was once the envy of the world (during America's Golden Age, from the 1940s through the '70s, when top marginal tax rates were 70% or even 90% on the superrich - coincidence? I don't think so)

Why do Republicans want to turn the US into China, with a tiny superrich elite owning and controlling everything and the rest of us slaves?

Republicans forced democrat Bill Clinton in 2000 to sign the U.S.-China relations act in 2000 because Republicans threatened Clinton lies that not doing so would created no jobs. Not to mention the NAFTA was the work of Republican George Bush Sr then Clitnon signed it to be forced upon the rich Republicans.
brannt65

Postby fyfe » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:18 pm

Sure, we spend all day hating the middle class. When it comes to the promulgation of ignorance and nonsense, you are hard to beat.
fyfe

Postby azzai » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:21 pm

I'm an independent, and in my opinion there should be a SINGLE, FLAT, UNBIASED TAX for everyone. Rich people shouldn't have to pay more taxes than the middle class just because they earned more money than you, and the middle class shouldn't have to pay a higher percentage of taxes than the rich just because the rich get so much tax deductibles for charity donations. Of course, tax deductibles for charity donations are quintessential-without them, charities would suffer greatly-so we would need to figure out how to work that into a flat-tax plan. Either that, or the rich could be given a higher tax percentage, but it would even out with the middle class's after their tax deductibles are calculated into the equation. This is all up for debate and discussion, but one thing is clear: CLASS WARFARE IS NOT THE ANSWER.
azzai

Postby gabrielo23 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm a republican and I'm in the middle class. I don't hate myself. Oh and by the way, you're a total douche bag.
gabrielo23

Postby bayerd4 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:53 pm

We ARE the middle class you idiot.
bayerd4

Postby bramm » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:03 pm

I am middles class dummy. You got an facts to back up your blatant BS?? (crickets chirping)
bramm

Postby knocks » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:06 pm

They're afraid of becoming the middle class. Obama wants to take their money...
knocks

Return to Taxes