Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: John Oliver Talks About Student Debt

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Why haven't I received my 2013 tax return?

Taxes! We hate paying them, so let's discuss maximizing tax deductions!

Postby aeneas58 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:08 pm

Hello,

I filed my taxes via a 1040A through H&R Block on January 29, 2013. They set up for me an account to check the status through their website. It currently states:

"2013-02-01
Your tax return has been transmitted to the IRS we are awaiting acknowledgement from them. Thank you for choosing H&R Block."

When I check "Where's My Refund" on the irs.gov website, it states:

"We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS."

What is going on? Why hasn't anything changed in two weeks? It's never taken me the full 21 days to receive my refund, and this shows that they haven't even received it yet. Should I just keep waiting or should I contact someone? Has anyone had (or is anyone having) a similar experience?

Thanks for your time.
aeneas58

Postby gabrielo23 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:13 pm

We filed on January 22nd and we Never got acknowledgment that the IRS received our taxes. We also filed through H&R block and called them numerous times because the IRS site said the same thing yours says. We are claiming an education credit so we knew there would be a delay but the IRS still should have received our taxes. We finally called the IRS on Monday and they never received anything. We then called H&R block AGAIN and the lady finally realized our taxes were rejected. They had to be resubmitted and H&R block refused to send them back in until today. Finally, today we have got the "We have received your tax return and it is being processed.
You should get your refund within 21 days from the date we received your tax return."
You need to call H&R block and make sure your taxes weren't rejected. You should already have acknowledgment from the IRS. We will never go back to H&R block. We have been going to them for 10 years and they are just dumb. Instead of spending $300 next year, I will spend $30.00 and do Turbo Tax myself. Make sure you get the answers from H&R. We had to call them a few times before getting the right answers. Good luck :)
gabrielo23

Postby erhardt54 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:26 pm

We filed on January 22nd and we Never got acknowledgment that the IRS received our taxes. We also filed through H&R block and called them numerous times because the IRS site said the same thing yours says. We are claiming an education credit so we knew there would be a delay but the IRS still should have received our taxes. We finally called the IRS on Monday and they never received anything. We then called H&R block AGAIN and the lady finally realized our taxes were rejected. They had to be resubmitted and H&R block refused to send them back in until today. Finally, today we have got the "We have received your tax return and it is being processed.
You should get your refund within 21 days from the date we received your tax return."
You need to call H&R block and make sure your taxes weren't rejected. You should already have acknowledgment from the IRS. We will never go back to H&R block. We have been going to them for 10 years and they are just dumb. Instead of spending $300 next year, I will spend $30.00 and do Turbo Tax myself. Make sure you get the answers from H&R. We had to call them a few times before getting the right answers. Good luck :)
Finally got a notice from H&R Block, via text, that the IRS has accepted my return. Now Where's My Refund is in the first state of three, which is "Accepted". I still have to go through "Approved" and then the final part which I assume is submitting my refund. Thanks for all the advice guys.
erhardt54

Postby daibhidh46 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:37 pm

21 days.
You do realize that the government has no money? Right?
It's going to get worse each and every year.
Did you know some people increase their w4 to the point so they have to pay?
Easier to just write a check on April 15th than go through this mess.
daibhidh46

Postby amory61 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:39 pm

i filed on the 31 and its still processing its been 14 days
amory61

Postby beatie » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:42 pm

yea i filed on 15th then on 1st had to refile cause told me my agi and pin was wrong and still processing
beatie

Return to Taxes