Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Student Debt in the Headlines

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Will a temporary debit card work for Redbox?

Credit Card Debt discussions & tips

Postby duncan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:50 pm

I just recently opened a bank account with Bank of America. They gave me a temporary debit card. My question is, will this temporary card work on Redbox or will I have to wait for the permanent one? Thank you in advance!
duncan

Postby wybert85 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:01 pm

I just recently opened a bank account with Bank of America. They gave me a temporary debit card. My question is, will this temporary card work on Redbox or will I have to wait for the permanent one? Thank you in advance!
sure.

Free MOVIES Netflix
http://goo.gl/uoCxE
http://goo.gl/XDZR3
wybert85

Postby nic » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:03 pm

only a fool would put a debit card into a box

seriously, if you must use Redbox, get a credit card. you'll have more protection from fraud that way.
nic

Postby phillip73 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Wait for the real debit card. If they send you one where the numbers on the card are different... then you just made a huge mess with RedBox because they have the old temporary card linked to your name and address and now you are trying to use a card that has a different set of numbers. Of course your ATM check card has either Visa or MasterCard logo on it, right? Because although it is a debit card if it has either symbol it can be used like a credit card and since it is using the credit card networks to process the charges you have the same protection as if it was a real credit card.
phillip73

Return to Credit Card Debt