Not logged in? Join one of the largest Debt Reduction Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Student Debt in the Headlines

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

FTC Debt Reduction Advice
FTC Money Matters Website
National Foundation For Credit Counselling
Debt Reduction UK
MyMoney.Gov

Will video downloading consume more bytes than watching it online?

Share tips for saving money and making the most of your income

Postby everitt » Sun May 20, 2012 9:34 pm

i don't have unlimited download plan. so which will be money saving option. will it be same or different if i watch the video online / download it ?
everitt

Postby ned » Sun May 20, 2012 9:39 pm

If you stream video you are consuming much more bandwidth than when downloading a file.
ned

Postby hreinn » Sun May 20, 2012 9:42 pm

If you stream video you are consuming much more bandwidth than when downloading a file.
Whe you 'watch it online' your computer has to download all parts of the film. It wastes the same, only that you get to keep them by downloading.
hreinn

Postby rendell66 » Sun May 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Technically they take the same amount of data. However I recommend downloading it because you use just as much data watching it online as you would downloading the whole movie. But if you are only watching part of the movie or the movie is short (less than 20 minuets) then watch it online. If the movie is longer than that you will be better off downloading it. It's better to wait 30 minuets for a 2 and a half hour movie and not have to put up with buffering than to have to put up with it buffering every 2 seconds for 2 and a half hours. A good website to downlaod movies off of is http://www.thepiratebay.se For streaming use http://www.netflix.com
rendell66

Postby amd » Sun May 20, 2012 9:50 pm

It depends. Some sites have high quality version of the same video that they are streaming.
So in those cases the video version for download will be bigger.
Usually the streaming version is smaller than the download version.

Now if you are talking about downloading the video from youtube instead of watching it there, it will be the same thing.
It is the same file...
amd

Postby duane70 » Sun May 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi,

I found a site www.freemoviestv.net

You can find your movies and tv shows, watch it totally free,just after you download their player first. Good Luck..
duane70

Return to Money Saving Tips